Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you have a dream?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saki2004

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Do you have a dream? Reply with quote

I'm a sophomore at japanease university. Recently I had a time thinking about job, then I'm at a loss because I don't have a clear dream and I can't imagine myself of the future. But I think I will find having fruitful life. So I want to know what you think.
Passerby

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was young and my parents loved me but as I grew up, somethings kept flooding and ruining my lovely family. Quickly after my junior, I started to part-time work and I guessed it was because of that, I'd had a strong sense on survival. So, maybe I set up my goals earlier than others and I commenced to effort also earlier.

Actaully, I think if I didn't have all this challenges, I wouldn't have been what I am today and if I wasn't from a broken family, I wouldn't have been forced to work that early. Really, I wish I could be still like a child, a plain school goer.

No worry about to face the world, because when it's time, you will find a way and you will understand what you should do and what you should have to have in life.

Passerby
Yuji Hori

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: My dream Reply with quote

Hi! I’m Japanese college student. And I’m 18 years old.
I don’t have clear dream, too. But I know what I should do.
I major in information science, and I should study about that.
And now, I think I want to found my company.
But I want to be artist, too.
I don’t know which is my dream. But I think that I should do what is absorbed me.
river1974

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already 30 years now and dreams have got a more different meaning to me than they used to be. When I was young, I had a lot of dreams like being a good singer, traveling around the world and buying a wonderful car and comfortable house and the like. I think that I could dream so much just because I was young and brave! The power of dreaming appears more on the youth than on the middle-aged men. Something I couldn't realize before has now become clearer to me. Now I realize that I don't have to set my dreams in a high position. I will be happy as long as I needn't worry about the basic necessities of life and all my loved ones are well! I think people coming from different families and having different level of education have different dreams, and that's OK! On my opinion, seting your dreams realistically is the most important thing. Don't let dreams become fantasies.
tahtaar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite lucky to have a clear dream and reach it. If not,you've just look around yourself ,try to imagine in different situations. If you see yourself clearly in certain than another. It shows you that is your dream or something you want to do the most.
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahtaar wrote:
It's quite lucky to have a clear dream and reach it.

in dreaming,sometimes you just know from very young, what it is you are good at, and what brings you joy. others follow the 'whatever' dream

whatever
your hand finds
do it with all your strength

maybe tonight in sleep i will dream of being a chef, or a teacher of english in some land i have never been. i will choose one subject or nation off the wall right before resting. who knows how my sleep might instruct me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: