Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Protect Your Body by Eating Right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luciablas

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Protect Your Body by Eating Right Reply with quote

Hello!
Did you know that some foods may offer your body great protection against chronic disease? Including cancer, obesity and heart disease!
This is a really interesting subject, I think that we don't really have information about this. We know that if we eat more vegetables and fruits and less grassy food we can be slimmer, but we don't know that some foods can prevent us from having cancer. For example hot peppers may reduce the risk of colon, stomach, and rectal cancers.
Like hot peppers there are many foods which can reduce the risk of suffering many diseases!
In my opinion this information should be everywhere, because I didn't had idea of this until I read the article in this website:

http://literacynet.org/cnnsf/superfoods/home.html

I think that people in general has not good eating habits. In my case I eat too many times pasta, and I could eat more vegetables. I don't use to eat grassy food as hamburgers or frankfurts, but I know that many people like them a lot and eat them usually.
In conclusion, I think that our society has to encourage people to eat in a healthy way, and we also have to learn about foods that can give our body protection against diseases. A healthy society is a happy one!!
jseguramo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi luciablas!

I think I have read the same article as you. Maybe we�re studying the same English course, don�t you think? I found the article really interesting. We all know that eating some kinds of food may contribute in ones health, but I didn�t know that eating a colored spice may help me reducing the risk of some of the most mortal diseases, as leukemia, and liver cancer.

As you say, we usually eat more wheat, pasta, rice� than we eat a salad, or boiled vegetables as cauliflower or broccoli. And they are not only good to keep one�s figure, but to be healthier. As the article explain there are some foods, including vegetables, herbs, spices, fruit, fatty fish or flaxseed, that protect our bodies of chronic diseases.

If everybody should read the article, they would be healthier. And now I�ve learnt about it I�ll tell everyone I know, because it's better to be safe than sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: