Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kinds of novels do the youth read?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FYAKTKAK

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: What kinds of novels do the youth read? Reply with quote

Hello, I am a middle school student in Seoul Korea.

What I want to know is "What kinds of novels do the youth read?"

These days Many students seem to read the comic books rather than the classical books.

In fact, I am one of the students who love to read the comic books instead. But, I always think that I`ll read the novels more than comic books soon.

Of course, although there are many korean novels, I think that the foreign novel is good for me.

Please let me know the novels that you have ever read or that you found exciting and interesting.
Zanthrick

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like fantasy books, then I would recommend the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. This series is a rather old series, and most would probably read Harry Potter istead. I've never read Harry Potter myself.

The reading is very light, and you can easily read them out of order.
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings.

Good luck,

Corey
ANABEL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO
liebe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to read a lot of "scary" books or detective stories when I was 13 or so. Then I got bored with them and read a lot of sad war novels and stuff like that. I don't know if you could really generalize about the books that the "youth" likes to read--everyone has his/her own preferences.
jazzie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just like me. I've never read any of the Harry Potter books that are the latest things right now. There's a lot of hype about this Potter stuff, but I don't give a damn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: