Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English language proofreading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda Sondang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: English language proofreading Reply with quote

I need a proofreader!!!

I have been told my thesis is not good enough to not fail. I need to get my work read by a proofreader. Can anyone let me know if they have used anyone? I was told about Academic Proofreading http://www.academicproofreading.com from a friend who helped to build it, and says it's run by PhD students and more, but is new and I don't know nothing about it. Can anyone suggest?

All help appreciated
21&88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: English language proofreading Reply with quote

Do you need a someone to edit for correct grammar or are you concerned with the style such as APA or MLA?

Some services are very expensive and others can take a long time to complete the work. You might want to try www.fixgrammar.com. You can email them with your concerns.

Hope this helps!
david.mercer

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Proofreading Reply with quote

I've just stumbled upon this discussion.

The website Linda refers to is actually mine! Since the time of your query, the proofreading service has proved incredibly popular and I have undertaken hundreds of pieces of proofreading, ranging from letters of application for jobs to PhD theses.

Most work has come from international students (Saudia Arabia, the UAE, Taiwan, China, Indonesia, Cyprus etc.) but I have also dealt with work submitted by native English speakers.

The shorter pieces are returned within three working days (and usually within 12 hours) and, at 5 per 1000 words, represents a small investment for the possibility of those few extra marks that can make all the difference!
CharlotteESL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I contacted academicproofreading.com after reading this thread but I stil haven't received a reply in 48 hours which is concerning.

Has anyone tried www.proofreading.org They look resonable but are a bit more expensive than some of the others.

Has anyone any recommendations of a service please? Really need help to polish my UCAS application!

Thanks, Lotti
Afra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Proofreading & Editing Services Reply with quote

Even the greatest paper may need proofreading, formatting or editing. Professional essay writers will make your written task absolutely flawless!

I have found this best site for writing after proofreading your document. Proofreading Services They are now offering up to 35% discount on every order. Fill with Discount Code PROMO35 in order to get 35% discount. Good opportunity for everyone.

Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: