Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It is not sensible to cry over spilt milk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: It is not sensible to cry over spilt milk Reply with quote

In our daily life, we won't be aware of our environment in that we think we are not in danger. Massacres happen everywhere, and Spain is no exception. There were scenes of chaos and panic in the Spainish capital on 311. I really feel mournful. However, who can imagine there is a bomb on the train you take? Who can be calm down and deal with this kind of horrible situation when you come to realize you are on the deadly train? People always live in their comfort zone and are reluctant to leave it. They think the world is always peaceful and it's impossible that demon will take their lives away. But, in fact, everythin' is possible. We should be on full alert and prepare ourselves for abrupt disasters. Just like we have to prepare for our exams before tests. If we have enough preparation, we can pass them easily. As an old saying goes, " It is not sensible to cry over spilt milk." Whether you can survive depends on how much you prepare for. Last, I hope all these confilcts and attacks will come to an end.
Passerby

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you for some reason.

To prpare yourself for the unknown, yes, is undoubtedly a sure thing and it's always better than none.

I have a story about this concept. In hope, I could share it with you.

I had a friend, He was smart and cleaver. He started investing himself when he was quite young. Everything he conducted was associated with perfection and whenever there would be a problem, "come ask him" was the only suggestion our classmates always gave. He was the star.

Years passed, that was 3 years ago, the 921 earthquake took away him and his family. That was his hometown and for no reason he was attracted back then that period. Though it's years of time since the departion of our education and becasue he was too remarkable to forget, some of us are still in touch. 23, I guess, but who could tell?

I think this is no exception just for his story but at least I know there's always somehting that you can't foresee no matter how much you try to aviod it, try to work on it.

But, again, it's always better than none~~

Passerby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: