Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learning English in Taiwan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
co111

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Learning English in Taiwan Reply with quote

In Internet age, people have more chance to use English on websites. I have offerred an English class for surfing on the Internet. Students in Taiwan have gone through too many tests for learning English. But, many of them lack chance to use the language. I think, people should learn how to have a "real" language not a text "language" for the sake of authentic usage.
mikike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Learning English Reply with quote

I think the article is good. Students have gone through too many tests for learning English in Taiwan. However Taiwan's educational environment is the same. We prefer to focus on writing and reading in English. And we seldom use on listening and speaking. I think it is not good to learning English. If we focus on listening and speaking, we can conversation with foreigners in English. And we don�t afraid of speaking with foreigners in English.

Miki Ke

Tainai, Taiwan
terryho_24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Well, in the recent year,as the world becoming much more international,people have more chance to receive the news from other countries by internet. In TAIWAN,students spend too much time on learning grammar. Shocked
But in the English world, grammar is not that important. Really matter is weather students could open their mouth to speak English. That's the whole idea on learning a new language, ues it during the learning process is the best way to improve the ability of English. Razz
sibohnchou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: We should more use our's MOUTH Reply with quote

In taiwan the cable TV support more than 70 channel for free some of part are use English track we can learn some glossary in these channel but don't learn the x word and when you hear it and spaek out quickly sometime we can talk to morrio or record your speach in mp3 player and replay again, this is my a little opinion.
guoowen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Learning english in Taiwan Reply with quote

I think can more use reference books like Simulative Translation Unlike People Input Device and english magazine, newspaper to help us to learn english and this is a kind of learning.
jeanhoery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: shuan yu lin Reply with quote

I agree the tops, in Taiwan many stundent have a lot of test to join in ,they spent a lot of time to prepare a test ,and learn New English but they have to listenand saying more .

shuan yu lin
Caridee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

I hate the text. I agree real language, it's useful to us. Talking, reading, listening about English. Laughing
rasha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: learning english in taiwan Reply with quote

I agree because language is very applying flexibly. Taiwanese students always test to english not a applying flexibly. So many people is not interesting to english in taiwan. Rolling Eyes
a22972786

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Learning English Reply with quote

I agree said of this article. Because students of Taiwan also respect reading and writing. Therefore, many people ignore speak to foreigners. So we always shy and nervous that can�t communicate with foreigners when we meet foreigners. I think we lose many good chance to talk. That�s very sad. We have to increase our speak.
Lala chang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Learning English Reply with quote

I think so. There is no whole English environment in Taiwan. And we seldom keep in touch with foreigners. And it result we afraid of speaking English with foreigners. In order to improve our English speaking ability and we should to set a whole English environment in Taiwan. So that we can speaking English with others.
V951951V

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: V Reply with quote

learn english is easy to these young people about 90's
because they have good learning environment
wutwiggy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, we haven't good environment, and Taiwan people seem to be afraid of speaking with foreinger. Therefore, we should strengthen our conversation with foreinger.

yi-hsin wu
marklin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this article!! Taiwan-based learning are based on relatively few types of oral examination of the practice opportunities to learn English will find it very strange to learn any language ~ it is better to have more opportunities for oral practice and practical more.
an_angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Many Taiwanese have been smart by using facebook Reply with quote

Many Taiwanese students are now using Facebook to contact native English speakers to get help with their English and ask questions through using
http://www.facebook.com/Esl.acesquaredtraining

I see some students from other countries too but mostly from Taiwan.

The facebook page is for people from everywhere and every country.

This Facebook page is offered by the online school www.esl.acesquaredtraining.com and if you want to learn online with a native speaker - they will teach you on Skype or virtual classroom.
etutor.school

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Learn a new language via eTutor School Reply with quote

Yeah I totally agree with this. The only way to really learn is to immerse yourself in the English language by talking to native speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: