Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beggars
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you give money to beggars?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

emile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Beggars Reply with quote

Welcome GTS Students and others.

What are your views on beggars? Write your opinions here:
Passerby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Never~~~ Reply with quote

There's always a way......

How much your contribute yourself to others results in how much you receive from others.

Passerby
annic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some beggars may be really need your help because they are very poor maybe, how your believe? just look their wearing, sometimes it so dirty and you feel disgusting. so give some money for them. i will give some money for them but depend who is a beggar?
bunga_kobis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: hi.......i'm cauliflower Reply with quote

In my opinion, if i saw a person begging, i feel very sympathize.
Probably, i'll give them some money or give them some food because if i were in theirs shoes, without money or eat any kind of food, i hope that anybody or anyperson could give me what i want.........i mean some money.
renisha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Beggars.. Reply with quote

Hi friends, Cool

I think that, there should not be any beggars in our country.......
We should try to give them confident to be independent and work hard to get money.....
We should make them realise that money can be earn in many other good ways than begging... Surprised Am i right..... Wink
zero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, before you give the money to those beggars, you must make sure there are no �syndicate� hidings around. It is because some of the beggars are controlled by this syndicate. Cool

Normally, I will give them the amount I left in my pocket when I met the �real beggar� in the street. Of course, I must make sure I have enough money to go home. Laughing

Sometimes, my heart goes up to them, they are sitting at the street and begging from the public. Will they feel ashamed by doing this entire act? When I looked at them, lots of doubts come out from my mind. May be one day, I should go and ask them.
renisha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: beggars.... Reply with quote

Of course i will feel sorry for them but we should think about their future also...it's not good to them to be a beggar until they die....they should try to fix a goal for their life and future.....for that they need our help and advice... Wink
zam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: so pity Reply with quote

Beggars ��. They also just a normal people like us, only they are not as lucky as us.
God create people in different situation and beggars are one of it. We should thankful for it.

According to the question, I think the beggars are someone who we really need to help; mostly for kids or handicapped people. However, this day we almost can�t tell which one really needs ours help and which one just pretending because of their laziness.

As for me, if the beggars are really honest and really need our help, I won�t mind to give them some money. However, mostly I saw people who actually more like pretending to ask for people sympathy. As for example, they broke one leg but their other body still healthy and they still can work, but they prefer to beg on the street as applying for charity from department of community welfare or others NGO. I�ll never give money to this kind of people!!!!
wieda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do beggars deserve our money?

From my point of view, I hardly give my trust to them because nowadays most beggars are involved in syndicate for example adult beggars; they dress up like poor people, situate themselves down the street where most of the people walking by especially in the crowded area and asking for money. There are also cases where a gangster uses children to beg for them, most people are touched by their condition as they imagine they were in their shoes. What took me by surprise; some of these children are paralyzed. It�s not like I don�t want to give them some money but the money is not theirs, at the end they give the collection to the gangster.

For conclusion, I could say it depends on situations (that include beggar�s physical condition), if I satisfy with it, then I�ll give them some money.
zero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed with you. But, I think some of them don�t know where are the suitable places or people can help them. May be you can give them some suggestions when you met them in the street one sunny day.
zam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uikkk..... 17.00 already.... time to go home...
don't you want to go home?
bye bye
annic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometime when i saw people look like a beggar, i was sympathize but sometime i think maybe some of them just lying of us that she/he is a beggar, i'm so confiusing about this sitiutions. i have one experience that is happen when i and my friend went to fastfood restaurant, M'D, one guy give some piece of paper and keychain, in this paper he tell that he can't hear or refusing to listen, if we want to help just give him $5 and we can keep the keychain. But i think the price of the keychain only $1. I didn't give him what he want becauce i think that guys just take advantage about his problem, he can do something else or can find a job suitable for him. Certainly he didnt like a beggar, thats why i can't give my help.
jameswong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not give money to beggar because it doesn't help them at all. If your heart goes out to them and willing to give them money. Did you ever think before your action is helping them or destroying them?if you give them money, this may lead to more people become beggar because that is an essay way to earn money instead of working. Nowaday, some of the syndicate or illegal association are misusing the sympathy of public to make money. In other hand, society association of government should take the initiative action to help them. In my opinion, the best resolution to deduce the beggars are help them to get jobs instead of begging from other. Could you imagine that it become beggar industry if government and public don't look up this serious issues.
bunga_kobis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays, many person who want to earn much money without working, they exploitation disable person such as a blind man or person without leg or hand. They ask them to get money from other person. They put them at Pasar Malam, or any place which can make more money. If the beggars didn't have money at that day, they can't give any food or drink.
anilzakhanz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Do beggars deserve our money? Reply with quote

If you ask me, the answer would be yes.Don't you feel sorry to them? Crying or Very sad

Whenever I see a beggars,I really feel sorry for them.Especially when the beggers are women or children.I always think what actually throw them into that situation?It must be poverty. Sad

I am sure that they must be shy Embarassed to beg for money,but they don't have any option. For example; children and disable people, it's not easy for them to find a job. That will be really tough for them to do that and no one want to employ them.So... the simplest way is to be a beggars.

And the worse thing is that some of the beggars are the people who have a mental problems. Exclamation Question Do you think they can get money from other sources? I don't think so.

If you have money, Why don't you try to help these people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: