Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Valentine's day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Only one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Happy Valentine's day. Reply with quote

Smile Valentine's day is "The day of love " the day that we can give love for my lover or friends by gift or flower for good feeling each other. Valentine's day is on 14 th February of every year. 14 th February called Valentine's day because history of Roman that St. Valentine's Day originated from several events and customs. It is named after St. Valentine, who was a Christian priest. A Roman custom also contributed to what we knows as Valentine's Day today. They held a festival each year called the Festival of Lupercalia at the same time of the year as Valentine's Day. Later the holiday changed into a holiday to honor the Roman goddess, Juno, whom the Romans believed, ruled over marriages. It became a holiday of love. When the Christian church became powerful, the Pope changed the holiday to honor St. Valentine. Have you ever been listen to the history of Valentine's day?
Very Happy In my opinion Valentine's day is a " Beautiful day "that I see anybody to give love and get love for he or she lover. Happiness facial expression of them makes me happy. What is Valentine"s day in your opinion?
Surprised Valentine's day in my dream is the day that I take care and do special thing for my lover (father mother brother friend and my sweetheart). What is Valentine's day in your dream?
Razz In Valentine's day I want to watch the movies or do some thing with my lover and I want to get surprise from my lover. What do you want to do and get in this Valentine's day?
Wink However, I hope every think "everyday is Valentine's day, the day that we give happiness for our lover " if every body think that every body will happy.
Embarassed I wish you happy in this Valentine's day. Embarassed
Chaiyong Intanon

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: chaiyong intanon Reply with quote

Hello, everyon! I�m student Thailand, every body has love. Love can born every where, every person and age. So have the day of love. The day of love is Valentine�s day. Valentine�s Day is on 14 Th February of every year. I think the valentine is a good day because it�s happy day and It�s day the boys and girls have date. They will give presents to their for girl friend and boy friend. Furthermore valentine�s day, it history of some man. He name is valentine. He is to be in prison because he is don�t to respect a religion similar to king. While he lives in the prison, he loves a daughter of galore. He is to execute on 14 February.Befor is to execute, he is writ message give for darling to conclude to say �FROM YOUR VALENTIN" Nowadays people lack of love, so everyday should be Valentine �s day. Every body should love each other not only this day, so that there will be peace on earth. How do you think about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: