Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stephen King...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Stephen King... Reply with quote

I love Stephen King's books!!
anyway I think his books are too long,aren't they?
so,I prefered his books "Carrie" and "the girl who loved Tom Gordon" because of the story but also because they're quite short...have you read them? bye bye,kisses! Smile
felix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: what?.... Reply with quote

Come on, anna, i do love s. king's books but i think they AREN'T too long! as for me, i always think they are the best!!! i read approx. 20 books (includely IT, The Shining, The Dark Tower, Insomnia and so on) and i engoyed ALL of them! make a dispute?... Wink
Corey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like his books too. If you think some of his stories are too long you can read Everything's Eventual - a collection of 14 short stories.

Night Shift is another collection I have read which is very good.

Corey
felix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: King forever!!! Reply with quote

oh, come on, no matter what stories are short and what are not! all of king's books are worth reading, I insist! and, anyway, for choosing you favorite one you should read as much as possible, shouldn't you?

people, have you already read new The Dark Tower novel? I do wish I could, but don't know when it will be sold in my town!!! Crying or Very sad what's impressions? and, wow, have you seen "The Dreamcatcher"? i was shocked with it!!! Shocked Wink
hkwilliam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Yeah. I like Stephen King. Reply with quote

I like Stephen King's novels. I've just got three. Dolores. Hearts in Atlantis. And the Green Miles. I think I like Dolores the best. But forgot how to spell the surname of that woman.

My lecturer in English class here in Guangzhou, China doesn't even know who is Stephen King!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: