Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the borderline between friendship and love?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susan_wu

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: What is the borderline between friendship and love? Reply with quote

Hi,

In your opinion, what is the borderline between friendship and love?

Do you think there is pure friendship between a girl and a boy?

Have a nice day.
simplyblessedwithlove

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL my uncle once told me that " there is no friendship between a man and a woman. Either one wants another or they both want each other, but they just don't know it." Thus, I don't know. To me, I think there is a really thin line between a man and a woman in friendship. I don't have guy best friends. They're friends all right, but not BEST friends. I used to have a guy best friend (at least I think he was) and we talked about everything every single day. He was such a great friend. He understood what I thought, what I liked, and what I wanted. He started to grow in me. And until when I realized that I liked him, it was too late to hold the feelings back. I had to make the hardest decision that I've ever made--I told him how I felt. After telling him about it, our relationship just shipped far and farther. Now we're not friends anymore. Sometimes, sitting back and thinking about it; I don't know it was the right choice or not. I liked someone and I should tell that person about it, but the result......I've lost a friend. So it's hard to have a pure friendship since it's hard to hold our feelings, and sometimes you're feeling it, but it doesn't mean the other person is feeling it also.
Mao

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm 19 years old girl in Japan. I often think about what is the borderline between friendship and love too. But I don't think consist of boy and girl's friendship. Especially parted couple are can not consist of theirs friendship.
hirohori

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: is there something dorderline between friends and love Reply with quote

This topic is very interesting to whoever fall in love with someone Shocked . I think it depends on your maternal intuition. You can develop your relationship wiht him/her from friends. You can also refrine from infatuateing with her or him. However, even I say so, it is difficult to control yourself.What's happened to your relationship is never predictable. Therefore, love is not olny very enjoyable Laughing , but also very terrible Twisted Evil . In my case, I could make the dorderline between friends and love,because what makes me love is my hunch which I told you in begining of this opinion. so I really consider the frist impression as very important to make love or make friends with someone. I do not care about appearance but think about unipe atmosphere Exclamation he/she has. I can feel between friend and love. but please trust me--- Crying or Very sad .
AngelJacob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Love vs. Friendship???? Reply with quote

I am not sure, I think there must be friendship between a man and a woman right? Well, love takes 2, if it's just one side then remaining friendship is actually much much better. you don't want to ruin it, do you???? Guess who post this haha????? Wink
MAGGIEQQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: :oops: Reply with quote

:wink: :wink:
Best friends are someone you hope to fall in love with but not. there have some thing between friends and lovers in the past time, but now, more and more people fall in love just as they make friends. Are we still care about the different?
:oops: :oops:
Angel Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is NO love!
there is just friendship or sex!
kardin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friendship is u guys have sex sometimes...
and "love"...well, i don't believe it...but it should be the guys make love always...how many times of sex per week is the difference between friendship and love...
snowycan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: What is the borderline between friendship and love? Reply with quote

I think there are still pure friendship between a girl and a boy. I hava a lot of male friends, just friends. I admit that a boy and a girl should have a good feeling about each other first. Then they can make friends or fall in love. However, sometimes making friends is much easier than falling love.In the westen culture, I think there are less pure friendships between girls and boys than love relationship. Wink
elbharat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

I have first mailed it personally to someone frm you but now I think Ishould get opinion from all of you after knowing my opinion.

I think that you have to accept friend as he/she is, this is a border. Now if you are crossing border, means you want to see he/she as you like and try to change he/she this is a signal that you are in love. (I am not joining love with SEX).

Mail me whether I am right or no to : [email protected]
hamacahn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thunk that it's different from each other.By boy and girl, adult and child. My border line is maybe situation at then. But if lover is not self examination and twice, I will good by.
kaokao

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi, it' a very interesting !
Hummm.if you fallen love with your opposite sex friend, the line is not friend.
In short, sometimes friend become lover.
Borderline make you yourself.
susan_wu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks a lot for all the replying. I am glad to get them.

Actually, I think the bordline between friend and love is depended on yourself selection. If you can not help yourself from dreaming of your friends all the time, then you go pass through the bordline from friendship into love. If you simply only think of him/her normally, then you still are keeping pure friendship.

I think there is pure friendship between boys and girls. You know someone who can get very friendly with a boy or a girl, but it still is possible for he/she would not like to do any intimate actions with her/him.

Someone believes that if you are falling in love, a simple test is to recall whether you dream of her/him a lot without any intention.

I once got a best boyfriend. We grow up since in childhood. When we grow up, our parents and friends even think it is natural we should marry each other. However, we asked each other whether we did get excited to see each other or simply get used to see each other. The answer is the late. Well then, we still are best friends now.

It is lucky to own a pure best friend. Do you think so, my friends?

Good luck to everyone here!
Excalibur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy Very Happy
the boderline between friendship or love is not clear. In fact, I has able to know persons who has differents relationship between friend or love. I knew People who are considered themselves friends but they like having sex and not more. Other people who were a couple and it was broken and they have a new couple but time to time they like being together.
On the other hand, If both of them are considered themselves as friends is possible that a man or woman can be only friends. I found more difficult that after love they were able to be friends. Human Being is amazing because there are relationship which are disaprove of most of us but people who are living this relationship said is a relationship very normal
airi@home

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many peapole have thought about it a point in their life.

In my opinion, many couples were friends at first.
My boarderline: When I start to think about a friend of the opposite sex all the time and I want the friend to like me as a speciall girl, I may be in love with the friend. If the friend has the same feeling and both of us show our feeling, we may be a couple. I think love includes friendship, but it is not always that friendship includes love.

I also think there is pure friendship between boys and girls in the sence of that they are not in love or will not, but they care about each other.
I had many guy friens who just hanged out and had a good time with and some good guy friends who worried about me and I could depend on at college. ( To them, I might be like a sister/ there were few girls at my college) I can call it pure friendship, but I think it is not the one you call or want.

This is Difficult.... Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: