Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cellar phone usage in Japan. How about in your county?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yukaoki

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Cellar phone usage in Japan. How about in your county? Reply with quote

In Japan, most people from elementary school students to adults own cellar phone,
It has an optional feature; that is not only to talk, but also to send and receive mail, take pictures or movies and sent it to your friends. Lately there is a new feature of watching TV program on cellar phone.
I don�t know about other country, but some people from foreign countries are amazed at the number of people, especially the youth, reading or writing mail using the cellar phone. They do that sometimes walking on the street, in the bus or train. Sometimes I see young people talking on the cellar phone riding a bicycle or driving a car. Some people talk so loudly on the collar phone in the public place. It is not so strange to see a group of young people flocking together, just writing e-mail or talking over the cellar phone in spite of other friends being there.
What is it like in any other country? I would like to know.
Passerby

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Taiwan, almost everyone carries a mobile and if you don't have one or "ones", other people would see you as a freak. Haha....

Yes, in general, it's more convenience than the trouble cellphone has brought to poeple here. And, yes, poeple here can't live without cellphones.

Passerby
LucentShade

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I would be a "freak" if I went to Taiwan, because I don't really like cellular phones. I don't really talk to enough people to justify spending $40 a month. Even if I did get a cell phone, I would probably only use it as a phone, not to take pictures, watch movies, or check e-mail.
Dordi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Finland almost everyone seems to have a mobile phone (maybe it's partly because Nokia is Finnish). Even I have one, but I don't really think I'd need it. Of course it's very useful sometimes, but actually the only situation when I've needed my mobile has been when I've had to call one of my classmates to ask what homework did we get. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: