Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about these kinds of love?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selena

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: What do you think about these kinds of love? Reply with quote

what do you think about such a girl?
And if you're the person who love two girls or boys, what will you do?
And if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend already, but you still fall in love with another person, what will you do?
I'm curious!
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Give up on one. Reply with quote

Hi Selena,
I like your name. Smile Having two boyfriends or girlfriends would be very difficult. I think the best solution is to figure out which one you really want to be with and then choose that person.
cynthia_004

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Give up on one. Reply with quote

Diana wrote:
Hi Selena,
I like your name. Smile Having two boyfriends or girlfriends would be very difficult. I think the best solution is to figure out which one you really want to be with and then choose that person.

Rolling Eyes It's not so simple as you think. Idea If you choose a new bf or gf,esp.for a second or third time,you may be thought very unloyal,and may be disgusted by the people around you.(From the view of Chinese) Arrow So you must make you dicision very carefully.
obelix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tryin' to love two women is like a ball and chain.
Sometimes the pleasure ain't worth the pain.

Country Song.
Selena

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: What do you think about these kinds of love? Reply with quote

I know it's bad to love two persons at the same time.
But ...you know...there's always something that people can't control...
Especially their emoition!
You really know what you can't do, but you sometimes will do it, won't you?
And besides, destiny is sometimes tricky...right?
Marine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think about these kinds of love? Reply with quote

Selena wrote:
I know it's bad to love two persons at the same time.
But ...you know...there's always something that people can't control...
Especially their emoition!
You really know what you can't do, but you sometimes will do it, won't you?
And besides, destiny is sometimes tricky...right?

I don't think so, everyone must take the responsibility of everything he have done. So make it clearly that what you should do and what you should not do before you do it.
jameswong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agreed with you that people sometime can't control their emotion by fall in love with 2 person. Actually this is not a bad thing for you. you are kind-heart person. so you are sensitive about caring of another person. then if another persons are treat you as especial. you will feel something........
this call love??????e-mail me to express your feeling at [email protected]
wing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: What do you think about these kinds of love? Reply with quote

Selena wrote:
And if you're the person who love two girls or boys, what will you do?
And if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend already, but you still fall in love with another person...I'm curious!

If someone can love two of the opposite sex, there is no curiosity that he/she will love more. They don't know what love is. When you love someone, at your heart you possess strong feelings all about it, and you could never even think about or accept other people as she/he's already lived in your heart, and you fear she/he will be walking out of your life.
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing wrote:
When you love someone, at your heart you possess strong feelings all about it, and you could never even think about or accept other people as she/he's already lived in your heart, and you fear she/he will be walking out of your life.

That's dangerous in my opinion. Love is a feeling, isn't it? You can't really controll it. And I guess, there's no law of nature, that you can't really love two persons at the same time. So, if you're so lucky (or upside down, that depends on the point of you) to meet two persons, who you consider to be worth loving them, I can't see the reason, why that should be impossible or no real love. I assume, this thing won't get an immoral touch until you are in love with both.

Greets, Anxi
wing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: That kind of love, like a biscuit divided into two halves. Reply with quote

When I paid more attention to the second question Selena asked, it had just struck me that on moral grounds love is not like that. I don't think anyone would feel comfortable if their boyfriend or girlfriend loved someone even behind their back. And those who really did likely feel a sense of guilty, not because it's against the law but just the matter of betraying. Well, maybe I'm too critical.
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing wrote:
I don't think anyone would feel comfortable if their boyfriend or girlfriend loved someone even behind their back

I suppose I misunderstood you. Of course only a few people would feel comfortable, if the were in the situation to love two persons at the same time. But as I told, you can't do too much against your feelings. You could suppress them, but I guess nothing would get better, neither for you, nor for your partner.
wing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

Anxious Heart wrote:
as I told, you can't do too much against your feelings. You could suppress them, but I guess nothing would get better, neither for you, nor for your partner.

I get what you mean. But loving 2 persons, what you described, is not always the situation those people are in as their love is maybe suspective. Or if it is just what you said, most of them may expect to pursue what they should not get from another one they have met, instead of a simple feeling.

For someone's sake, that is nothing better than letting the feelings vanish into thin air, otherwise something they own will be no longer theirs.
Anxious Heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing wrote:
For someone's sake, that is nothing better than letting the feelings vanish into thin air, otherwise something they own will be no longer theirs.

They own Shocked Question I never thought about relationships, basing on property and I guess, I don't want to. This sounds like your partner was kind of pet. I'm scared of the thought, that someone owns me....

Greets, Anxi
'dwardo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: being in love with more than one girl Reply with quote

it's not comfortable, but sometimes i think i'm lucky -- guilty feelings aside.
wing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

Anxious Heart wrote:
wing wrote:

They own Shocked Question I never thought about relationships, basing on property and I guess, I don't want to. This sounds like your partner was kind of pet. I'm scared of the thought, that someone owns me....

Greets, Anxi

LOL!! Actually I meant to say more about something that is not tangible. When watching how westerners look after their pets like dogs, as tenderly as they can, I would like to play the role you feel scared of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: