Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Target of BUSH - North Korea???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiyokko21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Next Target of BUSH - North Korea??? Reply with quote

Hi! everybody
I am a student in South-Korea. I've heard from News broadcast on TV said America might attack North Korea for the second target after the war in Iraq.
I live near North Korea, so I am really sensitive to this issue.
What do you think of this poblem?
Do you think BUSH will attack North Korea as well?
I want to know your opinion. Please give me your idea.

Thanks!
hoho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guy!!
Don't worry about it!!!
Of course, North Korea is one of 3 axis of evil , USA thinks.
But , USA does not attack North easily. The effect of attack against North Korea will reach on the neighbor powerful countries , Japan and China.
This two nations seems to have a threat of security and do not want that USA attack North of Korea.
Therefore USA maybe want to avoid jeopardy of having new enemies.
But it is true that South of Korea put in difficuty. First of all, South of Korea itself try to solve the problem with North of Korea and has the power of protect itself from danger.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: North Korea Reply with quote

North Korea is like Bart Simpson. When nobody is paying him any attention he makes a big scene.
Meanwhile the little fat guy that runs North Korea, who dyes his thinning hair because he is a vain nincompoop, is starving his people and has to do something to divert their attention from the fact that they are hungry.
The answer is, he thinks, to blame the Americans.
North Korea is more a problem for China and Japan and particularly South Koreans, who have suddenly decided that the Yanks are not all that bad.
The Yanks, though, have said that it is a problem for the powers in the region to deal with and let's not forget that the US Army is only still in Korea as a member of the UN.
lyaner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry for it! North Korea is so for to US and BUSH will be cautious to do it. as a neighbor CHINA don't allow this awful thing happening Rolling Eyes
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea is a more difficult target.

I think the US admin will hold-off on an attack until North Korea starts giving money to terrorists.

If they do attack it will be a surprise and we won't know until the next day anyway.

Regards,

Corey
[url]english.abcingles.net[/url]
Diana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: North Korea is Softening Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about North Korea. They are already starting to soften up and have decided on multilateral talks.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: N. Korea Reply with quote

I guess the US Military impressed the little fat guy!
dingdong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: North Korea is a problem that whole world will have to face Reply with quote

I don't think that there will be a US led war against North Korea in near future just like what just happened in Iraq. But I believe that US will finally try to fix the trouble maker in their eyes, especially after their compeltely triumph in Iraq. There is no doubt that US will meet much more resistance from Russia and China than they have in Iraq, but it can't promise North Korea 's security. North Korea is on the cutting edge of economic collapse, what they are doing is just means to attract atttention from international society. They will change their tough policy once they get a staircase from international society
joonstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: 3 things Reply with quote

(1) There is no religious conflict between N. Korea and America.

Different relisious background betwwen Iraq and America made any dialogue impossible between Hussein and Bush.
North Korea and U.S. can talk.

(2) There is no oil in N. Korea.

The U.S. will take Iraqi oil for his war-cost and the rests.
There are no such things that would be taken by America for the war cost.

(3) China and Russia and Japan will directly be influenced by the War in N. Korea.

But a war doesn't break out with logical reasons.

We will watch it.
dc1212

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

China ,Japan,Russia will not want to see the war happen.US has to think more about other people' s view,right?
dc1212

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What China needs is safe and stable circumstance around it. No one want to go to war. but if US stick to do wrong things.as we all know,the relationship between China and Nortern Kroea is intimate.THe result will be very bad.Many people will be invovled in the matter.
joonstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: All people want to be safe. Reply with quote

Not only Chineses but also all of world people want to be safe including
Iraqis from the war terror.
nizeng

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what Bush thinks, I just wish peace all around the world.
joonstar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: We should stop the war terror Reply with quote

What Bush think is really matter because he is the president of the U.S.
We should stop the chain of the hatred what Bush made worse.
ecc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

america is less likely to launch a war against north korea in the foreseeable future.here are some reasons.first ,bush has to focus his attention on the internal economy to win the president election next year .otherwise he could possibly repeat the same mistake his father did a decade ago .if he dare to risk waging a war ,n.korea could become a hot potato and lessen his chances to be reelected .second ,unlike iraq ,to some degree ,north korea has the support from china and south korea.china is the long-standing ally of n.korea and has the obligation to aid it if n.kora is attacked .south korea is the brother nation of the n.korea ,and doesnot want a war against n.korea. nobody want to defy the status quo in the region,for a war cannot do any good to any nation .third ,all n.kore did is to anger america to make a good bargain,just as it was in 1991, when america provided some food and money in return for its abandonment of nuclear plans .if the leaders in n.korea are sane enough ,they couldnot provoke america into fighting .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: