Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

should people keep fit?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowycan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: should people keep fit? Reply with quote

Just now I watched a movie that talked about women in the advertisement. Many models are very thin. The information that i got from the movie is that the beauty is important for woman. In many people opinions, thin girls are so sexy. Therefore more and more girls begin on diet in order to control their weights. Should they keep fit? If they are on diet, maybe they really can lost weight, but also they will become not as health as before. Is it really good for people to keep fit? Some girls already are so thin, for example, a girl is 165 cm and 110 g. They still want to keep fit or even lost weight!!!In my opinion, keeping a health is more important than losing weight....

Shocked Shocked Shocked Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Question

Last edited by snowycan on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
joonha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. Keeping fit sometimes kills people.
I think those advertisement on mass-media leads people to misunderstand the beuty of people.
We want to say someone is beuatiful when she or he reads and works hard.
JudiTrent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: I agree Snowycan that keeping fit is more important than Reply with quote

being slim. In fact I recently read that being overweight is not as bad for our health as some experts have lead us to believe. It's not being overweight that causes health problems such as heart disease or athritis but rather the inactive lifestyles that overweight people often lead.

So an overweight person can be just as healthy as a thin one if he or she is exercising and staying active.

J.
April

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Beauty or health? Reply with quote

I think the health is the most important thing, especially now```As students, we always overdoing, so, keep fit is not a good way!! If a guy just like the shape of gils, no common, just break up!!! Very Happy Very Happy
MAGGIEQQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: :p Reply with quote

I think eating is so good, i miss seafood so much~~~~~~~~~~`
pearldexiaobai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are eating in healthy way, I don't think you will become ( (((fat))))) ).................. Rolling Eyes
hehe
Starblue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" keeping a health is more important than losing weight "

A beautiful body is every women's goal (mostly)

so....let's do it!!!!!!!
river1974

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a good shape is really more attractive. But I think it would be unworthy to keep a good shape just to attract others' attention or please someone. As a man, having some people who really love you like your parents, good friends, and lover is enough. I don't think we have to make ourselves thinner for the purpose of pleasing those strangers having no connections with our life. But in this society which regards beauty as one of the most important things, it is really not easy to be yourself. IN fact, there are many careers that overweight wowen can not easily engage in such as flight attendants, fashion models, show business and so on. It's unfair but people just love to enjoy thin girls serving them or performing for them. The worse part is that this trend seems to remain the same in the future!
AngelJacob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: LOOK AT REALITY. Reply with quote

Seriously, talking is easy but reality is reality. Can someone here show me a guy that would rather choose a fat girl than a slim one??? We all know that living healthy is important, diet is not a good way. Me, myself, I never be on a diet, cause my brain doesn't work without energy. But still, men's mind are narrow.... it's hard for them to see the real characteristics we have inside so...... what now????
apple+peach=watermelon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: should people keep fit? Reply with quote

i agree with you.somepeople were defeated or dead.but i think they are so crazy to lose their weight.haha ,to tell u the truth i am also losing my weight ,but not on diet ,just do a lot of sports and exersise.this way is a good apporach to lose weight and can make you becoming very strong.do you think so .
AngelJacob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: DEFINITELY Reply with quote

I agree with you too. Diet is dangerous, after you lose weight if you eat more, you will get much fatter compared to before. Anyway, I like sports too, so I rather do sports than to be on a diet.... haha.... I can't get too thin anyway..... that's impossible to me.... esp my bone structure is like this... so...... keep fit is good enough haha...........
apple+peach=watermelon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

AngelJacob wrote:
I agree with you too. Diet is dangerous, after you lose weight if you eat more, you will get much fatter compared to before. Anyway, I like sports too, so I rather do sports than to be on a diet.... haha.... I can't get too thin anyway..... that's impossible to me.... esp my bone structure is like this... so...... keep fit is good enough haha...........

i had mentioned that i perfer do sports to lose my weight.but i realized something when i talked with my foreign teacher yesterday.he said that you are a student now ,you are study now,if you are on a diet you will feel hungry and tireness.and do sports just keep your body can not lose weight except you do excise everyday.what a bout u.
LucentShade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping fit is a good idea, especially since a lot of people (like me) are lazy and eat unhealthy foods.
AngelJacob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be sooo sure, cause nothing is absolutely rite... anyway, my experience is that you eat healthy food, do sports and you will be more than fine. Your teacher is really rite, you should not be on a diet when you are studying... it's not good for you at all. You need energy to think. So anyway... we are girls, we should not be too fat hahah.... but don't be so obsessed with DIET.... Live a happy life, enjoy it.. don't think too much...... If someone likes you... well, of course, cause you are great.... but if someone doesn't because you are not skinny, that's his problem... CHEERS.........AngelJacob.
apple+peach=watermelon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelJacob wrote:
I can't be sooo sure, cause nothing is absolutely rite... anyway, my experience is that you eat healthy food, do sports and you will be more than fine. Your teacher is really rite, you should not be on a diet when you are studying... it's not good for you at all. You need energy to think. So anyway... we are girls, we should not be too fat hahah.... but don't be so obsessed with DIET.... Live a happy life, enjoy it.. don't think too much...... If someone likes you... well, of course, cause you are great.... but if someone doesn't because you are not skinny, that's his problem... CHEERS.........AngelJacob.

Ok ,i see it.thank you for your suggestion ,i will put your proposal into my considration . i know nowaday people especially grils always say out that is "i want to lose my diet beacuse if i am so fat nobody like me ,how can i do".have you hear such things. so ,do more excerise is good for you not only can lose weight but also can make yourself strong and to beat disease.do you think so .Of course eat junk food is not good for you body ,but you know nowadays people who are very busy often eat some unhealthy food .It can make them plague.But there is no way to avoid this kinds of condition.so do more sport .try!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: