Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is new technology increasing the humans health?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is new technology increasing the humans health condition?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

jameswong

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Is new technology increasing the humans health? Reply with quote

It was be surprising if you think carefully what is happenning now. is new technology increasing the humans health condition or destroyed humans health. Of course there were so many facts had been proven that new technology in medical able to crue certain disease. however did you noticed that new disease are appearing year to year? what is main reason behind the new technology? give your opinion about it!
pingpong

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that "new disease are appearing year to year". People are creating new viruses. Besides, old viruses also become stronger to adapt to the environment and fight against new drugs.
And in the modern world, people are easy to be stress. And food, polluted environment are also important reasons.
jameswong

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i agree with you. now the new viruses also become stronger like bird flu, Sars and then. they might be from old viruses. sometimes i was laughing because the people just want to earn money and ignore the effect had been brought to humans. have you experience had lunch at stall or restaurent? if you go to the kitchen, after you observe it. i believe that you will never go there again.
pingpong

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the kitchens are not as clean as people think. They usually use toxic chemical material to protect food, and make them taste and look better. They often use meet which are not fresh or ill to make food, and add some very delicious spice to lie customer. They are very clever, aren't they. But it's very dangrous for customer.
You know the false milk in China. Many babies die after drink it for a long time.
And the tools (knife,scissors...) in the kitchen are not always clean.
jameswong

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, i heard the false milk news before. there are poor baby to suffer these unethic businessman action. are you usually eat fruit? do you notice that the people always peer the skin and seek? actually the people did the wrong thing!!! if you throw the skin that mean you eat the acid food. actually all fruit are alcaline. the seek contain cromin and it is good for health but most of the people dont know about it!!
pingpong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the skin of fruit contains good substance for our health. But you know, the skins are not always clean and safe. There are insecticide on the skins. And the fruits must travel so far, from the gardens, to the market... finally to your mouth. They will become dirty, and the seller must use the preservative to protect them. So people usually through the skin because they think the skins are not safe.
But if you eat fresh fruit right in the garden, of course you can eat the skin without worrying.
jameswong

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. that right, it's better to clean the chemical at the skin before eating. i found out that nowaday, the people dont care what they eat, they eat a lot of unhealthy food like junk food, chemical food. keep on unbalance nutrient daily meal, fast food and etc. they always like to use the chemical cleaner like skin care product. actually that kind of product will bring the side effect after certain period. are you agree with me?
pingpong

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, junk food, fast food will make people unhealthy, not right now, but in the future, maybe next month, next year or next two years.

But I think you shouldn't worry so much. The TV, newspaper talk much about food and health, and I see that people nowadays care more about food. They go on a diet more. They also do exercise more.

I myself rarely go to the restaurant or eat fast food. I like my mother's food most. She's wonderful. I also like cooking but I'm not very deft.
How about you?

PS: Oh, just 2 people, you and me, talk in this topic.
LucentShade

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US, one effect of technology is that it makes peoples' lives easier, meaning that they don't have to do physical work. This makes people become lazy and sedentary, and there are a lot of diseases that can result from that.
lioness

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's a very difficult question. For example we live longer because of medicinal progress, yet the quality of this life doesn't reach a high level. A sign of our days is (in my opinion) not AIDS, yet allergy. About 50% of us are or will be allergic to something. 30 years ago mothers gave a piece of bread their children to bite it, when they got their milk teeth. Now doctors say, that children shouldn't eat bread before their second birthday, because they may not tollerate gluten. I guess that even if we learn how to deal with it, there will arise another problem. Perhaps we'll die because of some virus, which is now creating in some top secret military laboratory.
LucentShade

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, even if all the physical diseases and problems get fixed, there will still be mental problems.
elbharat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends, I think modern ,madicines are increasing the life not the health. If any one has good reasons then mail me at [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: