Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guDga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

I have seen questions what is truth? Who is god? etc. But to me, the main question is WHY? Why are we here? why do we want to know the truth? why?
Honey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my friend! Very Happy
Everything's got a purpse. We have a purpose, and it's to serve God, who's our Creator. Now we may ask, "OK, so who's God?" and there's when the other topics start.

But your question is logical: why are we here for? Question Wink
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are here..for a while...
since we are only here for a short time, and we wonder why we are here, maybe this life is a training place for a longer stay somewhere else? Idea
Honey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Mr. Green

I think it would be nonsense to be here to die. Even though we've got a short life, it must have a purpose... The same purpose we were created for when... we were created.

Situation doesn't show it in that way. Still, it also obeys to a main purpose. Wink

Very Happy Auf Wiedersehen! Razz
Assambar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Why is there a purpose? Reply with quote

Hi guys!

'Why?' is indeed the most humanous question. Yet people hardly realise that asking this question brings us most of our troubles. You shouldn't too much ask yourselves. This will only worry you. Most important of all is to live the moment without asking anything or seeking any purpose. Because when we look for purpose we transform the world around us from a heaven to a hell.
Don't worry, be happy!
Don't bother to askIf you need to know something, you will know it. When you ask you indeed always get an answer but the true answer you get only when it comes on its own:)

Assambar
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is there a purpose? Reply with quote

Assambar wrote:
Hi guys!

'Why?'

when we look for purpose we transform the world around us from a heaven to a hell.
Don't worry, be happy!

Assambar

are we really so powerful we can transform a world from a heaven to a hell, just by being nosy about what the purpose is?
i think many people start seeking for purpose when things have gone wrong before they became curious-so not their fault?
Assambar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Why is there a purpose? Reply with quote

coffeedecafe wrote:

are we really so powerful we can transform a world from a heaven to a hell, just by being nosy about what the purpose is?
i think many people start seeking for purpose when things have gone wrong before they became curious-so not their fault?

Hi!
We are actually much more powerful than you think. You and I and everybody. If you just try to see things without looking for their purpose you will see the world in a quite different way. If all of us first change and tey to make themselves better, the world will become better without us trying to change it directly. Therefore I say that you and I are the world and that we can indeed transform it into whatever we see fit.
Smile
Have a nice evening!

Assambar
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is there a purpose? Reply with quote

, the world will become better without us trying to change it directly. Therefore I say that you and I are the world and that we can indeed transform it into whatever we see fit.
Smile

can we change the weather? can we change times and seasons that are set in place? is there no one more powerful than you or i-or you and i?-
if we sing ,"we are the world", how do we get everyone to attempt the same purpose? did we make the earth and the sand of the sea? if we change the universe will the stars fall out of their intricate order and cause a huge traffic-jam wreck? if all the humans improve themselves will all mean dogs and tigers become nice dogs and purring cats?
Honey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my friends! Very Happy

I do agree with you, Assambar: the world depends on our view. It does not mean, however, that we can make magic! It means that, depending on our attitude towards life, future and, why not, a hope, we can make of our wonderful lives a terrible and hopeless hell.
It also means that we have the chance to see our fellows in a different way. It also means, as well, that we may give our life a purpose! In this case, to fight for that hope, or to live for dying later.
Believe me, this conception changes when we know why we're here for, and who God is. The answer to the first question - Why we're here for - depends on each one of us. However, the knowledge you want to acquire will make of your answer a more meaningful purpose. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: