Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you ever read "Anne Of Green Gables"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�m fine! It is almost raining here! I love that!! Laughing
I told you, you must be very creative person! How many years you have been working as a graphic designer?
My work is going well but sometimes my boss make me crazy!! Confused By the way, I�m an economist!!
Bye. Take care!!
Laughing
toe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have much respect for you, taurus! i have no brains for numbers at all. math and theory is not for me--in college i got a C in Economics, and that was only because the instructor took pity on me! you don't even want to know what i got in algebra. i will stick to painting pictures and telling stories Very Happy i've been in graphic design since 1999. (you do the math--haha, a joke) Wink

it rained here for two days, but now the sun is shining and the temperature has cooled a bit. it's sunny and nice. do you love the rain?

have a good day, toe
[/quote]
Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toe!!
I have been working since 1990! Very similar to you!
I love the rain! I love the sun! I wish some day have contact with autumn !!
I�m happy because today is my last work day of the week (at least in the office)! Laughing
Tonight I will go to the movie because my nephews want to see �Madagascar�!! I enjoy this kind of movie!! Wink
What are you going to do on the weekend? Do you have to work or take a rest?
Bye. Enjoy your weekend!! Wink
toe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi taurus!

how was Madegascar? i want to see it! did you have fun?

i had a nice relaxing weekend of watching dvd's Smile
but now i have work to catch up on because i put off
many tasks i should have done. Sad
Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toe! Very Happy
I enjoy so much the movie! I don�t use to watch this kind of movie but my nephews taught me to appreciate it!! I have seen Sherck 1 and 2, Locking for Nemo, The Ice Era and many others! Ma Jose, my little nice, sang and dance with the characters of the movie!! Laughing
What are your schedule for work? I work from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. but apparently the Administration will change our schedule due to the increase of the oil prices. Crying or Very sad
You told me that you are freelance graphic designer, Is it hard? Are you positioned in the market? I ask because my family has a little drugstore in my town and the two first years was very hard for us, we worked from 8 a.m to 8 p.m all days of the weeks, we didn�t have free time to do another thing! Today I see in a different way the small business.
I hope you finish your day�s tasks! Wink
Bye. Take care!! Very Happy
toe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i loved shrek 2!! (don't remember the first one, though). i'm glad you enjoyed the movie and had fun with your niece and nephews!

i make my own schedule, and you are right---getting started with your own business is not easy! i work by word of mouth currently, and the jobs are steadily streaming in. i enjoy my work a lot.

are your hours at work increasing? i hope your boss isn't driving you too crazy Smile

take care! toe
Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toe, How are you doing? Surprised
The administration doesn�t increase our hours work. They will change our schedule from 7:00 a.m to 3:00p.m and that means I have to be in a hurry in the mornings because I use to go to the gym early in the morning (usually from 5:15 to 6:30, three times a week) Laughing
My boss� my boss, is a good person but it doesn�t means he is a good boss! Sometimes I feel that he is tired and doesn�t care about the task we have. Anyway, my coworkers told me that we have �love-hate� relationship!! Wink
Are you still in a writer�s group? What are you do? Do you have a meeting and exchange your ideas about specific writer or expose your creations?
Bye. Have a nice day!! Wink
toe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi taurus!
i'm fine, how are you doing? have any weekend plans?

you are a busy person! it's good that you work out so consistently! way to go! i am getting back into my walking routine. even though you will be rushed in the mornings, it might be nice to be out of work earlier in the day, eh?

i'm not in the writer's group anymore, but i still write. i'm working on 2 stories and have a couple of more ideas "on the back burner" so to speak. at my old writer's group we used to each get a chance to read whatever we had written and receive feedback from each member. the meetings lasted usually 2 hours. and while i was in that group, i read some poetry of mine at the local bookstore "open mike." that was a few years ago. but the experience of reading your stuff to an actual audience is kind of nerve-wracking and thrilling at the same time. (even on such a small scale as the local bookstore Laughing )

have a wonderful weekend!
toe
Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Toe! Laughing
This week had been full work!! I have to finish something for tomorrow! I almost finish but the Department�s Director make some changes and I was working in them! Sometimes I wish my boss have an active participation on the discussions that we have to face it but he looks like asleep!! My coworkers and I don�t feel any support from him!! Crying or Very sad
Last weekend I was looking for a new car but I don�t have luck!! We want an automatic car because my mother has problem in her left knee, last January she had a surgery and didn�t recover well so she can�t drive a car of marches (I don�t know how to say it, but is a car that isn�t automatic!) Crying or Very sad
Why you leave the writer�s group? You don�t have enough time? Very interesting the dynamic of the group!!
I hope everything going well for you!! Wink
Bye. Have a nice day!! Laughing
toe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi taurus!

sorry that your mom's knee didn't heal well. she can drive an automatic, but not a "stick-shift," i think is what you meant to say. also referred to as "manual."

it does sound like work is keeping you very busy! too bad about your boss--maybe he just doesn't care anymore?

are you keeping up with your reading? i am still studying my cantonese book (verrrrrrry slooowwwllly) and watching movies with cantonese dialogues to sharpen my ear.

oh, i quit the writer's group because i hadn't written anything in so long! but now i'm back writing again and don't feel the need for a group too strongly.

have a good day! Smile
toe
p.s. i hope you find a great car soon.
Little A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Hm, I haven't read this book before, but it really sounds interesting! Could you please tell me more about this book? She writes about herself in the book? This is a true story?
I love books, so I'm interested Very Happy
cjq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: I like Anne of Green Gables very muh Reply with quote

[size=18][color=darkblue]Anne of Green Gables is the most wonderful book I've ever read.[/size][/color]I like it very much!I used to name myself Anne because I like the character of Anne.I think she is pretty and nice .She must be a good friend to be and also I prefer Diana--Anne's best fiend.I like Diana .She is very noyal and gorgous!
Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toe!
How many languages do you speak? I can�t imagine myself studying Cantonese, I think is very difficult to learn it!! How long have you been studying Cantonese? Great! Laughing
Finally we finish our work �now we have to start another task but it is enough for this week! Wink Tomorrow I will go to the cinema with my nephews! Ronny, the oldest (he is ten years old) had been asking for that! Maybe we will see �Batman begins�, I�m not sure!!
I almost finish Da Vinci Code! I suppose it will take me about a week to finish it! It�s interesting and cover topics that could be strange and hard to believe! Few days ago I was talking with a friend about strategies for reading. We have different point of view because I believe you must not look every word that you unknown, you must to figure out the meaning by the context, but my friend think the opposite! We don�t reach agreement! What do you think about that? What is your reading strategy?
Enjoy your weekend! Take care! Laughing
Rosa.
Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toe, Me again...
Could you tell me what is the difference between sentbox and outbox? I ask you because I sent a message two messages by "pm", for one of them I chek "post reply" and I see it in the outbox. For the other messages, I chek "quote" and I see it in the sentbox
I am wondering ... Do you recevie both of them? Question
Bye!! Wink
toe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi taurus---i received one message from you "hello hello"--but i have not received a second message Sad

i go on another message board that is very similar to this one. on that board, the "sentbox" is for messages that you have sent and the receiver has read them. the "outbox" is for messages that you sent, but the receiver has not read them yet. i don't know if that holds true on this message board, but i suspect it is the same.

so i am thinking that the message that you have in your "outbox" is a message that i have not received. i just checked my inbox and there is nothing new there. maybe you could try copying and pasting that message into a new pm and send it one more time. maybe the message board was having technical difficulties or something????

thanks for asking, because i don't want you to think i am ignoring your messages! Smile

^___^ toe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: