Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about American people?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: What do you think about American people? Reply with quote

What do think about Americans? are they good people? Question
technomaniac_tzp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think Americans are really good people. They, like everyone, want peace. However they have chosen the wrong means to achieve it. People will respect your rights when you respect theirs. The American leadership seems to have a obsessive drive to gain control over the world and its markets. This has made many people hate them. Every country wants to safeguard its interests. But it should never resort to illegal and brutal means. They should realise that people of other countries have as much a right to live as they do. Also American(not necessarily the American people) has shown double standards in dealing with world matters, like the Israel-Palestine issue etc. However, the Americans are a learned lot and have made huge progress all areas. Hence, I respect them. However, their government is driving them towards the wrong path using fear as their primary weapon. The opressive policy of the American government has made it villain in the eyes of developing and under-developed countries.

Regards
sunshine_101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like American people but i hate their leaders,they dont think about other nations and now they are killing innocent ppl in IRAQ,they dont think that Iraqi people have the equal rights to live a happy life like Americans.

Yea,American common people are so friendle and good,as a metter of fact i hate bush Evil or Very Mad
mkg1211

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immm this is a hard question!
(don't understand me wrongly)
we have a problematic situation here!!
because we love Americans but hate their adminstration
ok
question:who have brought this terible adminstration
(maybe the chinese Laughing )
of course the americans !!!!!!!
so i reach a conclusion says that
i love american who worth to be loved(considering the freedom of belief and opinion) and vice versa Idea
technomaniac_tzp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Americans-love em or hate em Reply with quote

I agree with mkg1211 to a certain extent. Yes Americans have voted Bush. They fail to see the damage Bush can cause to them and the world. But you must not forget that Bush have instilled fear in the mind s of the Americans. He is showing them a very grim picture where America will be attacked by terroirts and all that. This is nothing but the politics of fear that leaders play so easily. So although the Americans have made the wrong choice but cannot be blamed wholly for it. Events like 9/11 can generate fear in anyone's mind. And Bush is merely using it it a tool to remain in power. They Amercans should realise that Bush policy will only breed hatred. It will never stop the terrorists. Only American lives will be lost. And yes, even I love people who are worthy of being loved
asterix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget that the USA was attacked by a group of Islamic fascists who flew planes into New York's World Trade Centre.
If it they had done the same thing in New Delhi, or Beijing, or Berlin what should the country that was attacked do about it? It's all very well to talk lofty idealism, but idealism is a long way from reality.
Already Bush's firm actions have given Afghanistan a chance to be a peaceful democracy,Iraqis have had free elections, the President of Egypt has promised free elections, Syria may withdraw its troops from Lebanon, and the Palestinians have a chance for peace with Israel.
Dreamcatcher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's all very well to talk lofty idealism, but idealism is a long way from reality.

Realism is that the world has become much danger after Iraq war. And the wrong idealism is that USA may teach world democracy with such methods.

USA has already lost this war.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Walid Jumblatt, the leader of the Lebanese Druze, a muslim, and not exactly a big fan of the USA, had to say recently:

"It's strange for me to say it, but this process of change has started because of the American invasion of Iraq. I was cynical about Iraq. But when I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, eight million of them, it was the start of a new Arab world."

He went on to say that the spark of democratic revolt was spreading.

"The Syrian people, the Egyptian people, all say that something is changing. The Berlin Wall has fallen. We can see it."

To make an omelette, you have to break some eggs.
mehrezsassi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an Arab and a muslim and I respect American people . I studied their history from the early settlements to postwar America and the cold war you know what is happening now looks like Macarthyism in the 50s
American people were frightened for being" red"for some political reasons .
I was in Boston and New York last summer and I made many friends who respect Arabs , their religion and their culture . Some Students at Boston College wonder how come that I am a white coming from Africa , they think that all Africans are blacks . This is what we should blame American people for . They don't bother to know about the other side and they are used by their administration to suspect the other especially after 9/11
"Fear does work" FARENHIET 9/11
RevolutionX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think that all American people are alike. There are many Americans who do whatever the government tells them to do, beucase they are stupid. Bush is a bad president, but few Americans can see that.
mkg1211

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Fear does work" FARENHIET 9/11

exactly

i wonder ,if "us" is the most democratic counterty
country of freedom
peace
beans
hotdogs Laughing
why many of its people are so naive and stupid(politcally)

asterix
i think bush is really a bad teacher
i think you imagine a lot about the real situation in the ME and Afghanistan
elichina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Americans are really good people,I has many friend from us and many of my teachers are Americans.I had communicate with a handmaster from us. I think manyof Americans are friendly.
But ,just as a ordinary chinese ,I think the leader of US is very badly,He did mand foolish things.You should see the us in the world,many countries and many goverments dislike Us,WHY??I think not Americans ,but the US-goverment.
I think if you did what you did ,And do your nation'things .the
other country 's business is none of your business.I think many country
will not dislike you .At least ,no one will hate you and your people.It's my
opinion,just a college student of china.
just my opinion
rhonda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: USA - New Isolationalist Nation Reply with quote

I wish the USA would pull out of everyone's business. The next Kuwait, we do nothing. the next famine, we do nothing, the new Rx we keep it to ourselves. then maybe others would realize the good things WE USED TO DO. Very Happy
oh Yeah, lets not forget about WWI and WWII! The next one. I say we do nothing. you guys are right, why should Americans keep dying on foreign soil so others can be free? Confused
Thats what I think about American People. they need to stop dying for others. Twisted Evil

Have any of you ever visited here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020314-7.html

Wow another 5billion for developing nations, and while I'm paying over $2 for a gallon of gas? Your absolutely right, my govermental leaders are evil and should be destroyed! Shocked
tran thuy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, it is not exact that all American people are evil-minded, only some of them are so. Who are they? They are in USA Goverment. They are people who decide most of events happenning in the world.

It makes sure that you will ask me why it is so? Oh, it is very simple. Because USA is the largest in this globe. They are strong both in economic field and military potential. Their dollar is mostly used in international payment. The USA market which is large with large purchasing power makes any nation wants to sell goods to it.
Macarena P�rez de Castro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the US and I like Americans... I lived in the States for almost 2 years (Reagan days) and I think it is quite a remarkable country. As most of you have said, the problem (as in many other countries) has to do with the people in charge of their politics, their political leaders...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: