Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile telephone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phakphoom Soonthorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Mobile telephone. Reply with quote

Shocked What do you want to develop a mobile telephone? I want to make them can be center of information and entertainment such as includes TV radio mp3 and games. Now mostly technology of mobile telephone can develop almost completely. It can make me modern and in trend. Twisted Evil But in other words the disastrous result of them have so much too. It can make people miss value judgement. Example some woman wants to have a mobile telephone. But she not has money so she prostitutes herself. Evil or Very Mad Including thief and crime. The frequency wave of mobile telephone can make affect to people directly. It can make violent disease. Moreover the cost of they are expensive. So when you want to buy a mobile telephone. Idea You must be careful and considerate. Cool
pugachevV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: mobile phone Reply with quote

The mobile phone is a satanic invention. Hardly anyone needs one. I have seen people on the mobile phone carrying on a heated argument with someone while they are shopping for groceries. It is ridiculous.
Perhaps they are useful if you have a car and it breaks down on the highway. Then you can use it to call a tow truck.
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

Hi Vladimir,

You are absolutely right, the mobile has certainly saved many lives or can be useful when you are in trouble. But how were they doing before having this light telephone? To get to my work, I used to take public transportations at nearly the same hours and I can see folks speaking most loudly about the same things everyday with this device. You nearly know everything about their daily life and it's funny to see the same individuals making a phone call saying "Hey darling, I'm in the train and going back home...." a kind of justification to say: "Hey I'm not in a bar or with a lover etc".....There is a lot of money to make with this sort of business and surely the kind of stocks you can invest in at an average term.
wing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

Those cell-phone addicts are always found on the bus, in the train jabbering about idle gossips, yapping over the phone and laughing like a hyena behind people's backs throughout the journey. Saying sweet nothings, if not loud, is tolerable when they do not talk as if they were at home. Using it to pick a quarrel is the worst; sounds like the real uneducated. But anyway, mobile phone is just a device the inventor intended to make our life easier indeed.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: mobiles Reply with quote

Hi Chris and Wing,
Do you suppose those people who talk in public on the phone are anxious to be noticed? I often wonder because they discuss such trivial things. Perhaps once it was "cool" to have a cell phone but I think now the market is saturated. It would have been nice to have some shares in the early cell phone companies but it looks as if that bubble has burst now.
Are you working in Paris, Chris?
regards,
Vladimir.
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Mobiles Reply with quote

Yes I am and I don't have any mobile.....
wing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: mobiles Reply with quote

Let's just say they succeed in drawing our attention.
Guys and gals here go around wearing their mobiles, usually tied to a cluster of ornaments which those people regarded as the fashion. They pay too much attention to the features and appearance of such a tiny machine but to what it should be used for. And it is rather disturbing to constantly hear odd mobile tunes during lecture and their bantering in the library.

Mobile-phone stocks may be a safe bet in France. But ever since the dot-com bubble burst, this sort of our stocks has slumped dramatically and doesn't seem to bottom out yet for many internal and external factors. Oh, have you noticed gold prices are on the rise recently?

****Chris, do you think about having one?
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

No , I don't think so because it's too expensive. A simple card that you can have permanently on you is sufficient for me. Moreover, you can use it with any telephone around you without any coins to handle. Besides, you can ask your recorder from any place around the world with a simple code.
Diana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: mobile phone Reply with quote

pugachevV wrote:
The mobile phone is a satanic invention. Hardly anyone needs one. I have seen people on the mobile phone carrying on a heated argument with someone while they are shopping for groceries. It is ridiculous.
Perhaps they are useful if you have a car and it breaks down on the highway. Then you can use it to call a tow truck.

A mobile is a SATANIC invention. Don't you think you're exaggerating a bit? Razz Personally, I don't have a mobile phone. It's too expensive. However, you are right in that it could be useful to call a tow truck if I ever get car problems down in the southern part of Guam where there are no phones for miles and miles.

I remember hiking with a group of friends one day in the middle of the jungles. There were 12 of us. Three of my friends had cell phones. Four of my friends got lost in the middle of the jungle and used their cell phones, but it was useless. There are no signs in the jungles saying "this direction is to the Palace Hotel" or any sign saying the name of the jungle we're in. It's just jungles with lots of trees. That's doesn't help very much when you need someone to come rescue you.
wing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

Oh, the main reason is you don't think you need it: )
"you can ask your recorder from any place around the world with a simple code."
I have never heard of that. Does that mean you can get recorded messages by inputting a code into the telephone in the call box from everywhere?
pugachevV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: divine then? Reply with quote

Diana, I meant satanic not in its theological sense but in its secular sense. The invention itself is very clever. Perhaps it is of use to some business people but as Chris says, there are telephones all over the place and you can have a prepaid card that will give you access to them all.
Really, what I and many other people object to, is their use in situations that will disturb or annoy other people. It is not the phones I dislike so much as the way people use them.
I believe that in the State of New York, it is now illegal to use a cell phone while you are driving. I predict this sort of curb on their use will spread.
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

Hi Everybody

It's also forbidden in France to make a phone call whilst you're driving but there are still a lot of people who don't care about this new rule. You're not obliged to use a pre-paid card. You can have a card of your main phone network and what you're going to consume is going to be withdrawn from your main telephone bill. Many modern fixed telephones have coded recorders like a credit card and you can ask it from everywhere by dialing your phone number with a code and by this way to listen to your messages.
Diana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mobile Phones Reply with quote

wing wrote:
Oh, the main reason is you don't think you need it: )
"you can ask your recorder from any place around the world with a simple code."
I have never heard of that. Does that mean you can get recorded messages by inputting a code into the telephone in the call box from everywhere?

Hi Wing,
I've never had a mobile phone. I've never needed one so far. Very Happy When my friends were lost in the middle of the jungles, I think a compass would have been more useful than a mobile phone. Very Happy

I like these emicons. I'm glad Dave Sperling improved his website.
sittisak_43220332

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Mobile telephone. Reply with quote

Mobile telephone is the best for contact when you aren't live at home.
In Thailand it's the best for sales. It's can be center of information and entertainment Sush as MP3,Connect to PDA,Digital camera,Wap etc
I want to develop a mobile telephone to open service system and don't
care of system and can to be money exchange and more games.
jerry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Mobile telephone Reply with quote

Hi Vladimir,

You are absolutely right, the mobile has certainly saved many lives or can be useful when you are in trouble. But how were they doing before having this light telephone? To get to my work, I used to take public transportations at nearly the same hours and I can see folks speaking most loudly about the same things everyday with this device. You nearly know everything about their daily life and it's funny to see the same individuals making a phone call saying "Hey darling, I'm in the train and going back home...." a kind of justification to say: "Hey I'm not in a bar or with a lover etc".....There is a lot of money to make with this sort of business and surely the kind of stocks you can invest in at an average term.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: