Electronic Professional Development Course Trial

<b> Forum for ESL/EFL teachers working with secondary school students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Paul Kebble

Electronic Professional Development Course Trial

Post by Paul Kebble » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 am

Hi, I'm a Education Doctoral student at James Cook University, Australia, and I am looking for English language teachers presently teaching in upper primary or high schools who would be interested in trialling an electronic professional development (e-pd) course.

The course is specifically aimed at English language teachers (elt) who are not native English speakers, but anyone can be involved in the trialling phase.

The basic structure of the course can be found at

www.epd4elt.com

The results from the trial will constitute the empirical phase of my doctoral thesis.

Of course, there is NO financial requirement, just a commitment of up to 5 months.

Course participants will be provided with course material via DVD (posted) and will be able to communicate with the course administrator (me!) and other course participants via a dedicated (moodle) website using personal learning environments (PLE). There will also be a pre and post-questionnaire to be completed, and a recorded interview with me, probably via skype.

I am really hoping to attract teachers from around the world who would enjoy experimenting with a variety of EL pedagogical methodologies and who could reflect on, and discuss, how these methodologies can be adapted to their teaching situation.

If you are interested, please contact me on the above email address or on my university email address: [email protected]

Thanks very much

Paul