giving ESL inservice to regular classroom teachers?

<b> Forum for teachers interested in discussing ESL, multiculturalism and teaching </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

SUZANNA

giving ESL inservice to regular classroom teachers?

Post by SUZANNA » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:39 pm

Hello there! I am an ESL teacher in a small school district in TN. I have been teaching ELLs for six years now. I love it! I have been asked during this time to also provide a district wide inservice training to the regular classroom teachers on the ESL program, and ELL students in their classes. We are small, so some of my classes are still pull-out. I know the benefits of second language acquisition teaching strategies for ALL learners, and I have been able to provide acceptable information, however I am really wanting some creative and innovative ways to present ELL material in such a way that these teachers will really drive home the valuable issues of teaching ELLs. Is there anyone out there who may have some "neat" ideas on how to do this??

labonteesl

learning conversaiton skills

Post by labonteesl » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Take the mystery out of teaching English conversation skills by simply focusing on the most commonly used conversation patterns. I developed this approach to teaching conversation skills in Korea about 30 years ago. E mail me for the patterns if you're interested.