ESL and computers

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

slamed

ESL and computers

Post by slamed » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:06 pm

ESOL and computers

Do you teach ESOL/EFL with computers?

I am the team leader for ESOL and computers classes at a Further Education college in the UK. I have recently set up a group website for the teachers in my team to be able to exchange ideas about teaching ESOL using computers. We also have created the facilty using Yahoo Groups to upload and downlaod files. Our esol and computer materials are all graded from Entry level 1 to Level 1 and the materials are mapped to the ESOL core curriculum. Our aim is to integrate language skills with computer skills so our students learn English thru' using computers. I have had a number of requests form Yahoo users to join our group and so have set up a new group open to anyone who teaches ESOL/EFL and computers and has a Yahoo account or is able to join Yahoo.

Ideas
This site will be used for exchanging ideas on using computers in ESOL/EFL classes. Exchanging materials and arranging on line discussion meetings using the Yahoo chat facility

To join
To join please click one the link listed below
Please e-mail me at
[email protected]
if you have any queries

Links

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/stephenslayen ... fpage.html