find a word

<b> Forum for the discussion of everything ESP </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Sandra.cibin

find a word

Post by Sandra.cibin » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:18 pm

8) I wanna to define the word we use to teachers use to be creative and follow different ways to teach. Making lots easier students life.
In Brazil is facilitate. but I don't know how cah I use that is English, or if have something better.
Anyway
thank's :lol:

M.Hull

'facilitate'

Post by M.Hull » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:23 pm

Hello to you in Brazil:
If I understand you correctly, you want to define what good teacher's do to make a class more enjoyable, harmonius, or perhaps acceptable from the students' point of view? Let me offer a few sentences that you could use.
1) Good teachers are those who are creative, innovative, interactive, and facilitative in the classroom.
2) Interactive classrooms are those in which the teacher encourages students to discuss their ideas, discuss the subject, explore possibilities, and offer questions and feedback to both the teacher and each other in a positive, open spirit of inquiry. This type of classroom does not use the traditional lecture style to accomplish all of the learning in a lesson.
3) The role of the modern teacher is to be a facilitator of learning and a mentor for student involvement in their own learning. Mentoring requires that the teacher have empathy with the student on a group and/or individual basis. For example, an empathic teacher understands the stress the students are under when assignments in many classes are all due in the same week. Or, they appreciate the stress some students are experiencing because they work all day and come to school tired at night. Teachers do not necessarily sympathize with this, but they do adjust their style of teaching to meet these psycho-social concerns that arise for their students.

If this sounds complicated, please write me back and I will help with it.
I hope I have been helpful. :P

Yours.... Melodie In Canada