Anyone interested in assessing english practice tests?

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

GD

Anyone interested in assessing english practice tests?

Post by GD » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:30 am

Hi,

I hope this is in the right topic...

For some reason I came up with the idea of compiling a series of preliminary Michigan Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English tests. However, I am not a native speaker (as it might be evident in my writing) and the tests are bound to be fraught with mistakes (the most common perhaps being two correct answers in the same question, which is something I definitely want to avoid). As a result I thought that some people might be interested in taking a look at these, and provide some feedback.
Naturally, you are free to use this material (i.e. in your classroom if you can find any use for it), provided of course you don't have any direct revenue from it (i.e. sell it).

For those who might not be familiar with the ECPE test, the preliminary exam consists of:
A Cloze section, with 10 questions
A Grammar section with 10 questions
A vocabulary section with 10 questions
and A Reading Section with five questions.

All Questions are of the multiple choice variety.

I really hope this doesn't violate any of the rules on this board. The texts for the reading and cloze section are licensed under the GNU FDL (free documentation license) and taken from the www.wikipedia.org "open source" encyclopaedia web site (modified for the needs of the cloze test). The grammar and vocabulary sections are created entirely by me and my employer (and friend) who cooperate on this project.

You can get my first two tests at the following addresses (After you read the disclaimer)
DISCLAIMER (kindof)
This material is provided as is. The author bears no responsibility for the content of the following files or the accuracy of the information included. You can use these tests in the classroom but you are not allowed to sell them, or mass-redistribute them in any way (that includes, but not limited to, electronically or physically).

I know it sounds like a Microsoft EULA but I had to do it mainly to describe what this material is meant to be rather than defend my rights on it.

get them here

thank you for your time, all feedback/comments will be greatly appreciated
george[/url]

english-test.net

login?

Post by english-test.net » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:19 am

Hi George,

Your idea sounds very interesting. How can I access the two tests you are displaying on your website? What is the login and password? We really would like to get more information on your project. Thanks. Torsten

GD

Post by GD » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:31 pm

Hello!

No username and/or password are required. Just click the links in the web page...

Looking forward to your feedback,
George