Looking for feedback on my site.

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

filterjar

Looking for feedback on my site.

Post by filterjar » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:29 pm

Hi, I'm working with a few friends on a non-commercial site to distribute lesson materials. If you have any time to check it out and give me some feedback on any aspect of the site or content, then I'd really appreciate it!

You can find the site at www.englishmaterials.com

(You need to register to access the site, but otherwise it's completely free and unrestricted. )

Thanks,

Filter

emile

Post by emile » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:29 pm

The layout of the site looks very professional, especially for a non-profit site. I didn't look at the extent of the content, but I like the way you show whether the material is available in pdf, doc or audio format.

If others are like me, the audio will be the most popular downloads. After all, it's the most difficult to produce oneself, and it's also difficult to offer over a website due to copyright issues. If you can offer a good range of audio, I'll definitely bookmark the site.

Emile

bobs12

Post by bobs12 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:28 am

Hi there!

I looked at your site a while ago when I was thinking of making my own resource site. I looked at yours and thought, 'naaah, mine's not gonna be that good' :)

Layout - v. professional, hard to believe it's non-profit

Materials - v. professional, v. attractive - colour pdf's are a great touch. Sound files - cool. Embedded sound files - super cool.

Usability - good. First site I've seen that has a search function. One thing I would do is to make sure only categories that are vailable appear in the drop-down menus, otherwise people may leave, never to return after being told the lesson they wanted isn't there!

That is/was my plan for my own resources section - select by level, theme, content, etc.

How about making a short course compiler? Or compiling short courses? You could zip a series of lessons together along with sound files, etc. add a start and end test and voila! You'll be the heroes of every language camp and short-course teacher!

Best of luck guys!