Textbook Donations

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

cstouder

Textbook Donations

Post by cstouder » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:56 am

I am teaching in a small non-profit school in rural Hunan Province, and our library is still pretty microscopic... Most of the books we have are those that I bought in a nearby city for the students, but I think that somewhere out there, there are mountains of books collecting dust on shelves...
Does anyone know of any agencies or companies that help with book donations for underpriveleged areas? Ideally it would be a Chinese company because I don't think that other publishers or stores would be willing to ship books overseas, but any ideas would be great. Also, if you have had contact with book donators, how did you make the contact, and how did you approach them? Also, if anyone is working in China and knows that there are a lot of extra reading materials (Chinese or English or English textbooks are all fine!) at your institution that can be donated, please also get in touch! Thanks.
[email protected]

Soprano

Free sample books on the net

Post by Soprano » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:22 am

I am not sure what level you are talking about, however, in the meantime you could try out this website http://www.readinga-z.com/samples/index.html where you could download 30 free sample books. I hope this helps and if I find out anything about anyone or any companies donating books, I will let surely let you know.

Take care & good luck. I believe u would be looking for primary books right?