Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dull coursebooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Texts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lliana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Dull coursebooks Reply with quote

Suppose you have to use a specific coursebook. You can have photocopies and extra material if you wish but as you can understand, it costs a lot when you have 150-200 pupils so you must be quite inventive... What would you do or did you do in the case of a very dull coursebook? I've done quite a few things to cheer the classes up but I'd appreciate some suggestions. BTW, I'm talking about the series we use in Greece for classes C, D, E, F (children aged 8-12) approved for state schools by the Ministry of Education. It's just an ancient coursebook + activity book (i.e., exercises based on the material taught in each lesson plus some grammar exercises). There's no grammar book whatsoever.

Thanks,
Liana

(P.S. I wasn't sure whether I should send my message in the Texts or Elementary Education Forum)
sarahc37

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that "Connect" from Cambridge University Press is a fun book for that age class (8-12). I haven't used it myself, but it looks engaging and I've heard good things.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Texts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: