Drama (role play) HELP!!!!

Forum for teachers/tutors to find and suggest worthy works and materials

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

joefrost

Drama (role play) HELP!!!!

Post by joefrost » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:34 am

I am currently in the process of perparing for a winter camp. Part of it is a drama, role play, pantomime sort of thing. It has to be based on a popular western story i.e. cinderella, snow white etc. As of yet though I have still not found any resources on the internet that can give me a free script based on the above. If anyone out there has any material or know of any resources on the internet that can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Joe

anuratha

Dramatization and Improvasition

Post by anuratha » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:20 am

Many a times the teaching of English language falls short of fulfilling its goals. Even after years of English teaching, the learners do not gain the confidence of using the language in and outside the class. Their output in the language is limited to writing run-of-the-mill answers for literature chapters and producing grammatically accurate, but, isolated sentences. Real communication involves ideas, emotions, feelings, appropriateness and adaptability. The conventional English class hardly gives the learners an opportunity to use language in this manner and develop fluency in it. Thus, the main purpose of the language teaching course, i.e., developing skills in communication, is unfortunately, neglected. I think an attractive alternative is teaching language through drama because it gives a context for listening and meaningful language production, forcing the learners to use their language resources and, thus, enhancing their linguistic abilities. It provides situations for reading and writing. It is very useful in teaching literary texts as it helps in analyzing plot, character and style. It also involves learners more positively and actively in the text.

cheers!!!!
anu