Learning English through Internet

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

mawi

opor

Post by mawi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:32 am

Yes. I think it's very comfortable because I have not to pay
much money for English' tutors. I can practise my English
by myself. :D
Lalitnun Chokpaiboon M.5/5 no.31[Opor]

mawi

Gew

Post by mawi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:38 am

Yes, I think, it's very fun and private,because I can listening
music and learning English together.And I can learn English on
24 hours or when I need to learn.Internet has many things for practise English example, games,music because it use English
language.

Gew M.5/5 No.28

mawi

puu

Post by mawi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:44 am

Yes. I think it's very comfortable and interesting. It has many
games for play and it's very fun. It makes me love English
more than now.

Puu M.5/5 no.25

mawi

ple

Post by mawi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:48 am

Yes. I think, I can learn English for along times and I can choose
to learn many things that I have interested.

Ple M.5/5 No.32

mawi

Post by mawi » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:08 pm

For me surfing on the internet is the best way to learn english!! :D 'cause it's too easy , i mean it's convenien , cost just a little , i can do almost everything, and it 's like a door to other cultures and launguages with no lock[u know what'd i mean , rite? ] :wink: Anyway i've been used the internet since i was in 6 grade first it just was for playing games online and chatting with my friends but later it became more important i use it for e-mail, chatting with people from all over the world ...rite!! i think that 've made my english better 8) almost everything on the internet is english [i think 80%[i'm not sure]] so everytime i surfing on the internet my reading skill is getting better and better !!!!!! i think internet is my life and i can't live without internet [i'm serious]
i really want to say more but now i gtg to get change :cry:
i'll be back soon [if i want] Have a nice day !!!!!!!

HOW Dump!!! i forget my name Eiam 5/5 no. 1 or 1o4oo xoxox

dream_8_502

Post by dream_8_502 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:02 pm

I think learning English throught internet is good for me because I can practice about reading, writing, and my grammar ,it can make me understand a lot of thing about English more and more. Such as when I play game I know a new vocabulary or when I listen the music I feel relaxed and it can train my listening too.

shelly999

Learning English through Internet is very interesting.

Post by shelly999 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:09 am

Learning English through Internet is very useful and convenient. The Internet can provide many interersting materials for learning English.The resources on the Internet are very rich and colorful.There are a lot of funny activities and games to practice English. There are some interactive exercises for learners to test what they can learn. They can learn English and play games at the same time. It's good for students to learn English through Internet. Learning English through Internet is very interesting.

Judy

teaching English with the help of the Internet

Post by Judy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:15 pm

I am looking for ways to use the internet to help my more skilled beginner students to improve their English skills. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have several computers in my room but not enough for every student to have their own computer.
Thanks. :?

Sivagami Muthusamy

Post by Sivagami Muthusamy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:23 am

I defenitely agree with the idea of using the Internet for the purpose of learning English as there are many interesting web sites that provide endeless materials and exercises for those who are interested in learning English. As we all know, English is the language that is used as a means of communication among those who surf the net. Internet users can benefite from the exposure that they gain from constantly surfing the net. I myself have had the pervilage in learning a lot through the Internet and as a language teacher, I constantly encourage my students to use the Internet for the purpose of learning English.

chenyingteacher

internet is good!

Post by chenyingteacher » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:44 am

hi , teachers. you have talk about your feelings about english-learning on internet.But it is not enough,I want to learn more about your specific experiences.please introduce some examples in detail and some good websites.I need your directions eagerly. thank you! :)

spring in may

My opinons on computer assisted Language learing

Post by spring in may » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:26 am

It's certain that the Internet really helps us a lot to learn English. Firstly we can get the new information easily by surfing the internet. Unlike magazines, we don't have to wait for the new imformation. what we need to do is to swith on the computer and click. Secondly we can save money. We can get so much free information on the Internet. We can read news, watch movies and hear the latest news on the internet.
Thirdly, we can find that the world is becoming smaller and smaller. In the past we had to post letters and waited for over a week to receive the letter back. But nowadays it takes only a few seconds to send an email and we can communicate friends very easily and quickly. Isn't the Internet fatasnating?!

sashie

Post by sashie » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:33 am

Hi Guys,

Yeah I do agree that through Internet we can learn online, take exam online, learn different kind of languages etc. 24/7 and globally!

Sashie
http://www.language-learning.net
http://www.esl.ch/fr/sejour-linguistique.htm

Alex_NYC

Language Tunnel

Post by Alex_NYC » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:32 am

You guys should check out my website, where you can teach English online:

http://www.languagetunnel.com

Peace!

Matty

Re: internet is good!

Post by Matty » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:21 pm

chenyingteacher wrote:hi , teachers. you have talk about your feelings about english-learning on internet.But it is not enough,I want to learn more about your specific experiences.please introduce some examples in detail and some good websites.I need your directions eagerly. thank you! :)
You should check the other threads on this forum for specific recommendations for websites for learning English. Thare are so many and of course some are better than others.

Most of the major English language course book publishers are starting their own on-line resources to complement their books. Go ot a good book shop, write down their websites and see what they have to offer. They´re usually very good!

P.S. Oh, and you´ll probably see that most of the teachers in this part of the forum are very busily promoting their own websites!

kisi

Studying English using the internet- a brighter future

Post by kisi » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:23 pm

Increase in Internet exposure and use is also affecting the TEFL industry. For students and teachers, it is a lot easier to find good quality free stuff for studies. If you have no money to pay for expensive language classes, free websites like www.englishmedialab.com are making the situation even look brighter. Here you have highly interactive Powerpoint videos, done with the student in mind. There are quizzes for grammar
http://www.englishmedialab.com/grammar.htmland vocabulary exercises for all levels of students at
http://www.englishmedialab.com/vocabulary.html. And there is no login needed or some other time wasting mechanism.
Some students have made this site and similar sites their online free classroom, while teachers are constantly refering students to this site as homework activities.
Looking at this situation we can't help looking at the fact that the internet is a great study companion. Despite these resources, students will always need to stop at some point to practice with a teacher.
Enjoy this free site and others.