Dull coursebooks

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Lliana

Dull coursebooks

Post by Lliana » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:11 pm

Suppose you have to use a specific coursebook. You can have photocopies and extra material if you wish but as you can understand, it costs a lot when you have 150-200 pupils so you must be quite inventive... What would you do or did you do in the case of a very dull coursebook? I've done quite a few things to cheer the classes up but I'd appreciate some suggestions. BTW, I'm talking about the series we use in Greece for classes C, D, E, F (children aged 8-12) approved for state schools by the Ministry of Education. It's just an ancient coursebook + activity book (i.e., exercises based on the material taught in each lesson plus some grammar exercises). There's no grammar book whatsoever.

Thanks,
Liana

(P.S. I wasn't sure whether I should send my message in the Texts or Elementary Education Forum)

sarahc37

Post by sarahc37 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:13 am

I know that "Connect" from Cambridge University Press is a fun book for that age class (8-12). I haven't used it myself, but it looks engaging and I've heard good things.

Good luck!