Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion:English Literature textbooks on Chinese mainland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
takakenjisakai

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Discussion:English Literature textbooks on Chinese mainland Reply with quote

We may find too many English and American literature textbooks on Chinese mainland in nowadays, however , according to my learning and reading experience throughout my study in my undergraduate time in Peking , I could say that there are not enough books which can help us as perfect guidesto the road of English literature and American lite
rature,for they either have too many printed mistakes or include not enough brilliant writers in the English and American literature. which as for me, a student who studies literature,is no more than a hurtful beat.
Here I want to empharsize that these manuels which i present above are compiled mainly by Chinese scholars and which are all written in English. Among all the textbooks so far as I recognized , I think the Anthology of English literature published by the Commercial Press and edited by WANG Zuoliang; the Anthology of American literature published by Nankai University Press are the most convincing and impressive two, though the latter owns a lot of printing errors.
What do you think? and i'm welcome to receive your suggestions or critics.
takakenjisakai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Wink Crying or Very sad Laughing Surprised Smile Confused Razz i agree with you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: