Discussion:English Literature textbooks on Chinese mainland

Forum for teachers/tutors to find and suggest worthy works and materials

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

takakenjisakai

Discussion:English Literature textbooks on Chinese mainland

Post by takakenjisakai » Mon May 15, 2006 12:56 am

We may find too many English and American literature textbooks on Chinese mainland in nowadays, however , according to my learning and reading experience throughout my study in my undergraduate time in Peking , I could say that there are not enough books which can help us as perfect guidesto the road of English literature and American lite
rature,for they either have too many printed mistakes or include not enough brilliant writers in the English and American literature. which as for me, a student who studies literature,is no more than a hurtful beat.
Here I want to empharsize that these manuels which i present above are compiled mainly by Chinese scholars and which are all written in English. Among all the textbooks so far as I recognized , I think the Anthology of English literature published by the Commercial Press and edited by WANG Zuoliang; the Anthology of American literature published by Nankai University Press are the most convincing and impressive two, though the latter owns a lot of printing errors.
What do you think? and i'm welcome to receive your suggestions or critics.

takakenjisakai

Post by takakenjisakai » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:25 pm

:arrow: :wink: :cry: :lol: :o :) :? :P i agree with you. :D :D :D