Englilsh On The Construction Site

<b> Forum for the discussion of everything ESP </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

rhythmic2005

Englilsh On The Construction Site

Post by rhythmic2005 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:40 pm

Here's a great resource that's starting to take off like crazy in the classroom. It's been tried and tested on many sites in the Atlanta, San Fransisco, and Washington DC area with great success.

http://www.ontheconstructionsite.com

peggy

asking for suggestion

Post by peggy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:40 am

hi,
Thank you for the recommendation for the coursebook. Have you ever taught the material in your real instruction to the students or adult in the construction field? I have visited the website you'd suggested and found the sample pages for the Level one and Level Two. Would you say more about the teaching application when using the books?
Appreciate your help so much.

rhythmic2005

English On The Construction Site

Post by rhythmic2005 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:02 pm

Peggy,
The instruction builds English skills using construction tools and terminology. Each unit is taught using a method beginning with vocabulary and ending with conversation. The purpose is that each task builds upon the previous lesson. The method creates consistency while combining grammar tenses and requires students to listen, speak, read, and write. There is a test at the end of each chapter.

Many construction companies are hiring ESL teachers within their area and are currently using this curriculum on their construction sites.

Warmest Regards,
Collin

peggy

Post by peggy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:11 am

rhythmic2005
Thank you for giving the detailed information, I'll try to find the materials and appropriatly employ them into the practical teaching to my students.
Best wishes for you in the hot days.