how to use internet to improve students ` writing ability

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

chenyingteacher

how to use internet to improve students ` writing ability

Post by chenyingteacher » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:11 pm

hello ,teachers :D
I am a english teacher from china.Nowadays internet become more and more popular in china ,and almost become a important part of our daily life,especially students who spend most of time on internet .As a teacher I hope they can make good use of the internet to help their english study instead of wasting their time.Internet can be used a good way in many aspects of language learning,now I just want to focus on writing .Do you have any experiences on that ,please share it with us.

emile

Post by emile » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:43 am

My suggestion is to start a blog for your class and give the login details to all your students.

They can post their writing on the blog and comment on each other's writing. You can log in and make corrections using the 'edit' feature or even get the students to do peer-to-peer corrections.

my site: www.roadtogrammar.com

chenyingteacher

writing in internet

Post by chenyingteacher » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:21 am

oh, that is a good idea !thank you emile.
do you know some free writing software on internet? or some websites that have good writing practices. :roll:

emile

Post by emile » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:38 am

Writing software can be quite tricky when the students need to practice freewriting. My company develops writing practice materials for business English, but it's not free, of course.

You can use the student message boards here at eslcafe.com to set assignments in writing. It's fun because it's like a class assignment but outsiders can join in.

Also, it's useful to go over the spelling and grammarcheck features of Microsoft Word with them, and showing them how to use it properly.

my site: www.roadtogrammar.com

SteJo

Post by SteJo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:02 pm

Internet gives you very good chance to create multiple tasks for the students. Depending on the level of education it can be regular reports on some “hot” issues like political situation and economic news, some small research with a lot of citations (Internet gives a lot of ways to get proper information to create an essay, article etc.), creating a blog (as it was suggested earlier).

Where to get the best essay sample?

julia0345

Material Writing

Post by julia0345 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Today is the world of Internet..world has become global village through internet.you can best sample essay on every topics..

Danielprice

Improve Students' Writing ability

Post by Danielprice » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:07 am

Few skills are more important to a students' success in and out of the class room than writing skills. If you want your students to improve their writing skills, then it is very important to teach them to use exact language. Using of unclear language weakens writing, so if students are taught to use specific words in sentences, their writing will improve. Now days, there are many sites to help the students for improving their writing skill.
Find help here: http://essayacademia.com/
You can correct or modify your writings by visiting such sites.

silencedobetter

Re: how to use internet to improve students ` writing abilit

Post by silencedobetter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:43 am

chenyingteacher wrote:hello ,teachers :D
I am a english teacher from china.Nowadays internet become more and more popular in china ,and almost become a important part of our daily life,especially students who spend most of time on internet .As a teacher I hope they can make good use of the internet to help their english study instead of wasting their time.Internet can be used a good way in many aspects of language learning,now I just want to focus on writing .Do you have any experiences on that ,please share it with us.

Learning English can, at times, be a daunting task. Of all the languages in the world, English is not always the most straightforward, and for newcomers not having any immersion in the language, it can be that much more difficult.
In this post, I want to highlight five of the most common English mistakes I see in people’s writing and how students and teachers alike can avoid them.

http://goldstarteachers.com/5-common-en ... kes-avoid/

tracy18

Post by tracy18 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:33 am

One of the best ways to improve a student's writing is by pointing out the mistakes in their writing through writing tools like Grammarly, 123helpme writing tool etc.