Private tuition in Greece

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Kuria

Private tuition in Greece

Post by Kuria » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:43 am

Yasas (hello)
I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this in as it is only partly about texts...

I am English from the UK and have been living in Greece about 2 years. I am a fully qualified teacher, currently doing an online TEFL course for the extra specific knowledge and because I had the time to do it. I taught for 6 months in a private English school in my village and now I am planning to start teaching English privately from my home in September.

Are they any other EFL teachers on here who are based in Greece who could give me advice about where to start re. text books used in Greece, rates charged for different levels and how to go about putting students in for exams?

Also, I have one student lined up already who wants to study for Michigan ECCE. However she has admitted that she wants to do Michigan because it's easier than Cambridge. She is 18 and has already done Michigan for one year at a private school and was told she would have to repeat because she wasn't good enough. I have been advised that Cambridge is a better course, so I'm not sure if I should be encouraging her to do Cambridge instead. Any advice?

Sas euxaristo! (thanks)

Melia

Peter2380

Post by Peter2380 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:14 pm

I think this post is too old, I just thought I'd say hello as I'm Greek and used to teach there - now in China.... texts depend a lot on what you teach, what level - the standard levels are Lower and Profociency, but you may be teaching lower level.... hope you have found somethins by now!