Does anyone live south of Seoul, near Yeo-Ju?

<b> Forum for the announcement of important TESL/TEFL items and events </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

JorgeGreenwood

Does anyone live south of Seoul, near Yeo-Ju?

Post by JorgeGreenwood » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:36 am

Hi, I'm an 28 year old ESL teacher in Yeo-Ju, S. Korea. I was told that there wold be some other people in the same situation that I am, but to my supprise I'm the only native english speaker at my school, and in my town! HELP! Not that it is a big deal, but I feel like I'm forgetting how to speak english due to the lack of stimulation. I know I should be focusing on learning Korean, but it is always nice to meet another native english speaker in the region.
Anyway, I'm just venting/crying. I've been here only a day in Korea so the culture shock is still a factor. But if you are near me and in a similiar situation, hit me up.
Thanks!

christoffwrighters

Im in Ansan

Post by christoffwrighters » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:27 am

Hi Jorge,

I'm in Ansan, just south of Seoul. I'm not sure where Yeo-ju is, but I'm an hour by subway out of Seoul. I can sympathize with your situation. I've been in SK for about 5 months now, and have been the only native english speaking teacher at my school. I have managed to hook-up with others expats, so I do manage to get to speak with others from english speaking countries. Don't worry, you'll get to meet others in the same situation as yourself. If you need to talk you can call me on 031 414 2423. I have weekends off, and work from 1:30 to 9:30.

Cheers,

Chris.