Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songs for 1-3 year olds and parents??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Preschool Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: songs for 1-3 year olds and parents?? Reply with quote

I have a new question. I have a class of 2-3 year olds that come with their parents. We do a lot of traditional kids' songs (pat-a-cake, etc.) and I would like to incorporate some more modern pop songs for fun and to keep things interesting for the parents as well. I was thinking about maybe something with the Beatles song "hello goodbye" since it's fairly simple, but I need new ideas! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
littlewan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you looking for Cds or just quick and short songs?

The "piggyback" line has cds and books with short songs sung to the tune of familiar songs...

http://www.kimboed.com/browseproducts/PIGGYBACK-SONGS.html
musica5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the 2-3 years olds it is good to stick to songs that are developmentally appropriate to the children. If you have songs that involve actions (like your pat a cake ) the parents are engaged just inteacting with their children. A fun song though for the parents could be Yellow Submarine, also by the Beatles.

You can find free finger plays, nursery rhymes and singing games as well as action songs on http://www.pamseslclassroom.com. Goto the free music page.
There are mp3s you can listen to or download to your computer. Also there are lyrics for nursery rhymes and loads of kids songs.
There is a free compilation CD available with songs from each of Pams four CDs.
Hope this is helpful
DevonT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Songs for 2-3 year-olds Reply with quote

Let me throw in another suggestion here! Very Happy

We created and use Super Simple Songs with our young students here in Tokyo, and they've gotten a really nice response from parents here and around the world.

As the title suggests, the songs are very easy for young learners to interact with...perfect for emerging speakers.
Mdream

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: songs for 2-3 year olds and adults Reply with quote

Hi,

Speaking of the Beatles, I wrote my ESL/EFL children's music with them in mind. I thought it would be great to have some children's music that as an adult, I could enjoy too!

Please check out my Dream English Kids Songs http://www.dreamenglish.com The songs are now being taught in private English schools and now Preschools in Japan.

Super Simple Songs is definitely great, they also have a bunch of great teaching video's etc. to check out.

Happy Singing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Preschool Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: