READ, LISTEN, PRONOUNCE

<b>Forum for ideas on how to teach pronunciation </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Josie

READ, LISTEN, PRONOUNCE

Post by Josie » Sat May 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Teachers: I am a retired TESL, but have done something which is already helping ESL students enormously, especially with their pronunciation. I have made a poetry website with 220 of my own poems which are freely available to everyone, but especially to children and to ESL students. They can easily access the poems in any part of the world.

Here are the full details:

220 NEW ONLINE POEMS WITH VOICE RECORDINGS
by Josie Whitehead

http://www.whiteheadm.co.uk/html/josies_poetry.htm

Josie Whitehead has made freely available 220 of her own, original rhyming poems with her own clear English voice recording attached to each poem, which will greatly help ESL students with their English. Words that rhyme are spelt differently in English quite often: cough/off; through/blue/too; earth/birth etc. Listening and reading at the same time helps.One ESL student recently said: "Your voice has put life into those lifeless word." Recommended by leading educational, ESL and children's websites.

Please read my "Special Notice" on the first page, which will tell you about all the work I have done during the last year and what I hope to do in the future. It's thanks also to my good husband, Mike, for all the work he has also done to make this lovely, non-profit making website for the young people of the world (and the oldies too). Hope you enjoy it, and if you do, let me know in my guest book.

Best wishes from the Yorkshire Dales

Josie Whitehead
Children's poet

KtPseudo

Post by KtPseudo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 am

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, the link no longer works.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:04 am

It was from 2007, and apparently she changed the links. This is what I found: http://www.josiespoems.webeden.co.uk/#/ ... 4544424592