drama scripts for school shows

Forum for teachers/tutors to find and suggest worthy works and materials

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

laurel

drama scripts for school shows

Post by laurel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:08 am

Hello,

We have been organizing an english show at the school and I need drama scripts for my 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me any books or web sites offering free drama scripts.
Thank you in advance :)

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:34 pm

You could pick the movie of your choice that had a lot of characters and get the script from the Internet. I guess it would take a lot of editing to make it into a school play.

In Greenland, the English teacher in Qerqertosuaq got the students to write the play and that was really successful. She first asked them for their most powerful stories - they had old myths and tales and then current stories from their lives, their parents or their grandparents lives. They listed about 12 or so and voted on the ones to develop. The class broke into groups of 8 or so depending on the characters they would need. Then they used the digatel camera to make a story board. She showed them the story boards of some of their favourite movies so they would understand what was needed. They also viewed the movies with a new eye into how to stage a scene and what enhanced the story such as music, scenery, costumes, and so on. Then they used the video camera to play out the story developing the script as they went along and viewing it over and over to perfect the scenes. They showed the final product to their fellow students who added ideas and criticisms. The class voted on the best film and the whole class worked on scenery, music and such to put on the play for the community.

henryworldus

RE:

Post by henryworldus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:37 am

rusmeister

Post by rusmeister » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:00 am

I wonder if anyone has links to classical drama for children? I looked at that geocities site and it was all modern stuff, largely anti-classical.

As if that weren't demanding enough, another problem is that the language ought to be simplified for EFL kids...

I know GINN produced great stuff, but it doesn't seem to sell in Russia any more.