Lets Learn English Through Song

<b>Forum for ideas on how to teach pronunciation </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ap

Lets Learn English Through Song

Post by ap » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:47 am

Great website for specially written grammatical songs.

http://www.letslets.com/teach_english.htm

Teaching Strategies with these songs.

Gap fills or close texts mix ups
Focus questions
True-false statements
Put these lines/words into the correct sequence
Indicate the word stress
Indicate the sentence stress
Phonetics and intonation
Dictation
Add verses
Add antonyms/synonyms of given words
Spirited discussion and creative writing.
Introduce slang in easy to remember context.
:wink: :D :)

wangfang_tian

very useful message

Post by wangfang_tian » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:35 am

I am very haapy to read the useful message, which supply me with more practice forms. I have ever use English songs to teach my students listening, vocabulary, grammar and so on. I think it's a very useful method, which make students more active. Thank you for more choice.

Amy lee

Teaching English through songs

Post by Amy lee » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:35 am

I think it's a good way to teach English. Because many students like to sing beautiful songs . They can not only get funs but also obtain knowledge from this kind of activity. In fact , intonation and rhthym are very important on English learning. If you don't pay attention to this , others can't understand you very well. Thank you for supplying me good method to teach English.

quanshuangcnu

Teaching English through songs

Post by quanshuangcnu » Wed May 28, 2008 2:33 am

I agree that intonation and rhythm are very important in English learning, especially in speaking. English songs greatly inflect beautiful intonation and rhythm of English. Letting students sing a lot of beautiful English songs can not only improve their learning interests and motivation, more importantly, it can help students feel the beautiful English intonation and rhythm, and will help them a lot in their leraning of oral English.