Getting back into ESL teaching

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Helene Dahlberg

Getting back into ESL teaching

Post by Helene Dahlberg » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi,
I'm thinking of starting to teach ESL again after no teaching at all for four years. I have a CELTA and taught for a year after that, but unfortunately I can't remember much and I was stupid enough to throw out my notes when I moved away from Oz. Big mistake! Now I can't remember much about how to structure different kinds of lessons and I need some help!
Was wondering if you have any ideas on a book outlining the most important principles in structuring lessons? (stuff like eliciting vocab, reading for gist and other things that whirl around in my head but which I can't quite pin down).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Helene

eslweb

CELTA ideas and notes

Post by eslweb » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:52 am

I can't say that the entire course is on my Website, but I did put up a couple of CELTA style complete plans: http://www.jamesabela.co.uk/intermediate/

Of course there's plenty of other handouts to help and I try to include basic teacher's notes with most of them and the Teacher's Books are normally very helpful.

James

Helene Dahlberg

Post by Helene Dahlberg » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Best Wishes

Helene :D