Alternative for Reward Resource Pack?

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ttgwalton

Alternative for Reward Resource Pack?

Post by ttgwalton » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 am

Hello- I've been trying to get the Reward Resource Pack published by MacMillan, and have had no luck. It apprears to be out of print. Does anyone have suggestions for a comparable set of books for photocopiable speaking activities? I'd be very grateful for any help or suggestions. Thanks.

alexcase

Post by alexcase » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:41 am

That is a tragedy, as there is nothing that good around that I have found, unless it is the Business English ones you are talking about, in which case Business Builder is even better. Other possibilities for similar photocopiable materials include:

- Play Games with English- even older and possibly even better than Reward, but strictly controlled practice and without so much reading and free discussion

- Communication Games- ditto for the "oldie but still a goodie". Writing Games and Reading Games in the same series have a few inspired bits and then lots of bits you will never be able to use

- The back of the English File teachers' books, especially Elementary- just as good as Reward and with more pron, but just less stuff per level

- The Clockwise Resource packs- very similar to Reward, just somehow less interesting for the students. Ditto for the materials at the back of the Language to Go teachers' books.

- Headway photocopiable resources (not sure if this is the right name, but they are quite thin books that are not included with the teachers' book)- Don't bother unless you are teaching Headway, too dull and sometimes only last 5 minutes!

Must be more, will have a look when I go into the teachers' room on Thurs

Hope that helps

TEFLtastic blog- http://tefltastic.wordpress.com
Last edited by alexcase on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexcase

Post by alexcase » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Update: Most of the Reward resource packs pages are included on the Onestopenglish website if you subscribe, though you have to search for each language point you want rather than browsing each pack.