Tools for Educators.com

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

mesmark

Tools for Educators.com

Post by mesmark » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 pm

Here's a new site with a worksheet generator that allows you to make all kinds of worksheets and games.
Tools for Educators

You can make: and more! There are also flashcards to match and other ready to print worksheets.
Last edited by mesmark on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:35 am

I've just added a word bank worksheet generator.

You can create a custom worksheet that displays 9 images with a space under each image for students to write the words. At the bottom of the worksheet there is a word bank that allows teachers to include words for those 9 vocabulary items plus 3 dummy words.

The worksheet wizards can handle other languages as well. So teachers of other foreign languages can use this worksheet generator as well as others to create classroom materials to supplement their current curriculum.

There are currently around 450 images up. I'll be adding more and more over the next couple months.

www.toolsforeducators.com

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:12 am

Bounce Around is a conversational board game that can be customized with text, images and text, or all images. It is designed to be played in language classes but using the text version, you can create math board games
and board games for English classes, science classes, social studies classes, and other disciplines.

Here's the explanation for how to play the game.

Let me know what you think!

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 am

Here's another speaking activity that works much like a stand up and move around interview activity but is designed in a game format. It works well with adults but can also be used with young learners.

the Paper Game

You can create game boards with images or you can use the template for a text only version.

Happy teaching!

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:11 am

Read and write worksheets: You can select a picture and write up to three words. You can write one or two words that match the picture. The students circle the correct word(s) and then practice writing the words on the lines to the left. Or, the students can try to use the correct words to write a sentence about the picture.

www.toolsforeducators.com
Last edited by mesmark on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:37 am

The matching worksheet maker is a teachers tool that allows you to create reading worksheets, tracing sheets, or reading and tracing activities on any theme with pictures. You can write single words, a couple sentences or use them as tracing practice only.

There are two versions. One allows you to create traceable vocabulary and One just write in the text for students to match up. Below is a picture of the tracing version.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Read and choose the correct picture worksheets: Write a sentence or a few sentences about an object. Then select the correct picture plus a 'dummy' or incorrect picture. Students will circle the image that matches the reading.

Last edited by mesmark on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:07 am

Here's a new bingo board maker from Tools for Educators!
www.toolsforeducators.com/bingo/

There's a 3x3 bingo board maker that will make 16 custom bingo boards. 4x4 and text versions are on their way.

Happy teaching!

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:26 am

I put up a 4x4 Bingo Board Maker.

_____________Image

You can make 16 boards all at once. You'll get 2 boards on one sheet of paper and you can choose up to 18 images for your boards.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:30 pm

I have added 11 new categories and 400+ images. You can make bingo boards, dice, dominoes, board games, phonics materials and more with images from the categories below www.toolsforeducators.com
  • - Christmas
    - clothing and accessories
    - Halloween
    - hobbies
    - part-time jobs
    - passive tense
    - phrasal verbs
    - prepositions
    - recess activities
    - school building and subjects
    - transportation
There are 33 categories total with over 1250 images.

Happy teaching!

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:06 am

The Dice Maker at Tools for Educators.com has a new text dice creator. You can create Phonics Dice with phonics rules written right on the dice. There is a version with regular dice dots like you see below or a version that let's you create dice without the dots and simply type in the phonics rules you wish your students to practice!

You can use these dice in any board game or dice game. When students roll the dice, have them think of a word that has that phonics rule in it. Or you the teacher can write a word with that phonics rule in it on the board. The students then have to read that word off the board. Afterwards, the student can move the designated amount of squares.

It's a great way to mix in phonics review with other sections of your lesson.

For more phonics materials check out the phonics resource section, ready to print phonics worksheet section or other phonics worksheet makers at Tools for Educators.com

Have fun!

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I just uploaded the newest addition to the worksheet makers. A crossword generator from Tools for Educators.com.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:56 am

Now you can create word searches with images as hints or create the standard text hint word searches as well.

Enjoy!

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:24 pm

I created two more themes for the board game makers. I felt that some of the girls really didn't take to the Galactic Challenge theme.

Image _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Image

The first is a fantasy theme called Fantasy Park.

The second is a cute animal theme called Race to the Finish.

It also might be nice to just have a little variety in the classroom. I hope you can use them.

mesmark

Post by mesmark » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:11 am

I just added close to 400 new images to the worksheet makers at Tools for Educators.com

- science
- Months, dates, days of the week
- Valentine's Day
- house
- kitchen
and more!

There are now over 1600+ images you can use the create teaching materials for your classes.

Happy teaching!
Last edited by mesmark on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.