Penfriends for my students in Burkina FAso, West Africa

<b> Forum for teachers who'd like to coordinate keypal projects with other teachers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

oubernie

Penfriends for my students in Burkina FAso, West Africa

Post by oubernie » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:34 pm

We study English here as a second language.
My students are in senior high school, grades 1,2,3.
I would like to find penfriends for some of them to interact in English.

tsy

Post by tsy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:29 am

Dear Oubernie,

My name is Sarah. I am from Taiwan, Asia.
I teach in a senior high school.
I am looking keypals for my stduents, too.
They have been learning English for six years.
My class is composed of 48 students.
They are 18 years old.
I am very interested in cross-cultural keypal project.
West Africa is so far away....
I think kids will be very curious and eager to meet people from the other part of the world.

Can i expect your response?

oubernie

Post by oubernie » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:55 pm

Hello
Sorry for replying late. School has resumed today here. I don't know if you want e-mail exchange or snail mail.
My students will be very interested.
Reply.
Bernie

apaspa

Post by apaspa » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:53 am

Hello Oubernie,

I'm a French English teacher, with pupils from 15 to 19 years old, and we'd be very interested in exchanging mails with you. Would you be interested too ?

I also run a web site dedicated to all foreign languages. It's a kind of magazine where the pupils (or teachers) can publish articles on any topic:

http://www.scoolmag.com

I'm trying to enrich the variety of languages available. If you're interested, your students could send us articles in their mother language, with an English version attached, and you could of course also make them write anything you like (about what you study in class for example, or your country and culture) directly in English.

If you have French teachers in your school, could you tell them about our project ? They could make their pupils write articles in French, which would be very interesting.

Bye,

Anthony

Private e-mail: [email protected]

theresa

Am &#304; too late?

Post by theresa » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:12 pm

&#304;ve just found your posting. Do you know anyone in Burkina Faso who has kids from 6 upwards who are looking for keypals ? Next Jan myself and another teacher are going to do a three month project on Africa and &#304;m planning to start globally and then focus on one African country. &#304;t would be great for the kids to find out about each others countries whilst practising their English and making constructive use of the web at the same time. We work at an International School in Turkey and the majority of the kids have English as second lang. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!
Theresa :D