Getting Flashy with Moodle

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

matbury

Getting Flashy with Moodle

Post by matbury » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Ok, quick low-down:

Flash - animation, games, and full-on applications, and yes, even e-learning interactions for the internet.

Moodle - Widely used Learning Management Systems (LMS) AKA Virtual Learning Environments (VLE), in other words on-line schools/academies/universities.

Hi, people!

I've been busy beavering away on my LMS to integrate Flash with it. Something that most LMSs sorely lack. So far it's going well. Please log in as a guest (no registration or anything necessary) to the 'Demo Course' and try out these activities:

Audio Book - listen and read, page by page

Dictation - difficult dictations made easy by my 'cunning software'

Word Search - interactive drag and drop word search

Four Images - example of a simple cognitive learning activity. There'll be better developed versions and variations of these coming soon.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on these, good, bad and especially helpful!

Matt :)

Tech stuff:

For any tech people out there, I'm using Flash Remoting via AMFPHP. The Moodle docs page is here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:AMF3