All-in-one books

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

itisibmd

All-in-one books

Post by itisibmd » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 am

I'm looking for a quality book for students in their sixth year of ESL education (having started at beginning level Kindergarten), that uses all aspects of the language (esp. vocab, grammar, speaking, writing) in every unit/chapter of the book, similar to what many of us used when we were learning our foreign languages of Spanish, French, German, etc. in our respective countries. Often the school(s) will use one book for vocabulary, one for reading, one for grammar, etc., etc... I just want a good ol' fashioned all-in-one book for the age group I mentioned above... Any suggestions?

Sally

Post by Sally » Fri May 08, 2009 1:18 am

You might want to check out The Twisted Doors: The Scariest Way in the World to Learn English! It is a thorough all-in-one textbook and comes with an audio CD. Also, the book is unique as it integrates a mystery story. The publisher is Dior Publishing, and a description and sample chapters and excerpts can be found on their website at http://www.thetwisteddoors.com/esl.htm

Hope this helps.
Sally