Free online 'penpal' tool for secondary schools

<b> Forum for the discussion on how to use computers and technology in the ESL/EFL classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

PikiFriends

Free online 'penpal' tool for secondary schools

Post by PikiFriends » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:31 am

I'm a native English teacher in Tokyo, and I've designed a site over many years called "PikiFriends". The beta release came out a few weeks ago, and we're looking for interested schools. I have over 250 high school students and teachers using it now, and gradually we're finding other schools who are interested.

www.pikifriends.net

PikiFriends has great potential - it was built from scratch to be the ultimate EFL/ESL/culture-sharing online tool. Safety, ease of use, modern design and useful features are all customized for secondary school students and teachers. It's also free.

I would like to invite any secondary school teachers to take a look at PikiFriends.

The FAQ and How to Use files can be found here:
http://idisk.mac.com/jeffreydionne-Public?view=web

By all means let me know if you are interested, and I will be happy to make an account for you, providing you are a secondary school teacher. I will request your full name, the name of your school (URL if possible), and your personal school email address. This is the way to verify your status and keep our community safe from all those bad guys out there.

My students are very excited to make friends with peers from all over the world!

Jeff Dionne