PikiFriends: A new, fun, safe & free 'penpal' tool

<b> Forum for ESL/EFL teachers working with secondary school students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

PikiFriends

PikiFriends: A new, fun, safe & free 'penpal' tool

Post by PikiFriends » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:23 am

For secondary school teachers looking to connect their students to others around the world, please consider PikiFriends.

I'm a native English teacher in Tokyo, and I've spent the last 4-5 years developing PikiFriends. What is it?

It is a very unique online social network specifically made for the needs of secondary school EFL/ESL programs, and also serves as a great cross-cultural learning tool for native English speaking students. It was built from scratch over a long period of time, and the beta version was released in my school a few weeks ago.
I teach in a private jr/sr high school, and we've got over 250 students and teachers using it now, and everyone's very excited to see other students and teachers from other schools all over the world join us.

The site is here:
www.pikifriends.net
2 pdf files (FAQ and How to Use PikiFriends) are here:
http://idisk.mac.com/jeffreydionne-Public?view=web

Please look it over, the 2 files should address any questions you may have. I hope to see my students and your secondary school students connecting and using English authentically and enjoyably!

Happy Teaching,
Jeff Dionne

PikiFriends

additional info

Post by PikiFriends » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:22 am

I should add this link, this is a place for teachers to get ideas and post ideas of their own concerning using PikiFriends:
http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/PikiFriends

PikiFriends

Post by PikiFriends » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:06 am

We've improved our homepage quite a bit since the last post. Please visit and contact us, we'd love to hear from teachers around the world.
www.pikifriends.net