Site Search:

Banner

Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index Teacher Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to use internet to improve students ` writing ability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Material Writing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chenyingteacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: how to use internet to improve students ` writing ability Reply with quote

hello ,teachers Very Happy
I am a english teacher from china.Nowadays internet become more and more popular in china ,and almost become a important part of our daily life,especially students who spend most of time on internet .As a teacher I hope they can make good use of the internet to help their english study instead of wasting their time.Internet can be used a good way in many aspects of language learning,now I just want to focus on writing .Do you have any experiences on that ,please share it with us.
emile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is to start a blog for your class and give the login details to all your students.

They can post their writing on the blog and comment on each other's writing. You can log in and make corrections using the 'edit' feature or even get the students to do peer-to-peer corrections.

my site: www.roadtogrammar.com
chenyingteacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: writing in internet Reply with quote

oh, that is a good idea !thank you emile.
do you know some free writing software on internet? or some websites that have good writing practices. Rolling Eyes
emile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing software can be quite tricky when the students need to practice freewriting. My company develops writing practice materials for business English, but it's not free, of course.

You can use the student message boards here at eslcafe.com to set assignments in writing. It's fun because it's like a class assignment but outsiders can join in.

Also, it's useful to go over the spelling and grammarcheck features of Microsoft Word with them, and showing them how to use it properly.

my site: www.roadtogrammar.com
SteJo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet gives you very good chance to create multiple tasks for the students. Depending on the level of education it can be regular reports on some “hot” issues like political situation and economic news, some small research with a lot of citations (Internet gives a lot of ways to get proper information to create an essay, article etc.), creating a blog (as it was suggested earlier).

Where to get the best essay sample?
julia0345

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Material Writing Reply with quote

Today is the world of Internet..world has become global village through internet.you can best sample essay on every topics..
Danielprice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Improve Students' Writing ability Reply with quote

Few skills are more important to a students' success in and out of the class room than writing skills. If you want your students to improve their writing skills, then it is very important to teach them to use exact language. Using of unclear language weakens writing, so if students are taught to use specific words in sentences, their writing will improve. Now days, there are many sites to help the students for improving their writing skill.
Find help here: http://essayacademia.com/
You can correct or modify your writings by visiting such sites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Teacher Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Material Writing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: