Your feedback about Fingerprints, Hello Jojo and Hats On

<b> Forum for teachers working with preschool children </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Lamyak

Your feedback about Fingerprints, Hello Jojo and Hats On

Post by Lamyak » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:58 pm

I wonder if any of you have taught or evaluated any of the following curriculum provided by Macmillan:
Fingerprints, by Caroline Linse and Elly Schottmann
Hats On, by Caroline Linse and Elly Schottman
Hello Jojo, by Naomi Simmons

I wonder which has integrated curriculum and how is the presentation of lessons, use of pictures beside illustrations, level of English and if children at the end will be ready to join schools where English is the first language and the medium of instructions (and any other comments or observations)

Thank you!

longshikong

Post by longshikong » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:03 pm

I used the Fingerprints book here in China 2 yrs ago and thought it was a superb coursebook--very usable and well-crafted songs that the kids could sing along with and a good overall progression. Coming from someone who's highly critical of the most coursebooks, I quite enjoyed using it. PM me and I'll email you my lesson plans to give you an idea of how I worked with the material.

I've actually emailed Macmillan's Beijing office to enquire about pricing for the (would you believe?) only kids series available domestically (in China) for our school as what we have now is essentially a colouring book of limited language value.

By the way, Macmillan has over 50 series for young learners alone--more than any other major publisher.

Here's an idea of the presented vocabulary per unit/lesson.

Unit Lesson Flashcard
1 1 book
pencil
ball
car
2 woman
man (my extra)
boy
girl
teacher (my extra)
3 chair
table